ONESHORT 1: Mistletoe

Yes finally something for Christmas
~~~
Soft murmurs were all that could be heard along with Christmas songs. It was Rapunzel's Christmas party and everyone in Corona was invited, as long as they brought ugly sweaters of course. Varian had decided to stay home and work on perfecting his latest invention that he refused to tell Y/n about, which made her salty, but she understood.

So there she was.

Alone at a Christmas party.

A quite boring one at that.

She sipped on her eggnog and watched a castle guard walk around with mistletoe  above everyone. Nobody hesitated hugging or kissing each other. Y/n wished that her special someone was with her.

"Long party, isn't it?

"You said it." Replied Y/n, looking at the direction the voice had came from. She paused and blushed as Varian nervously waved.

"Y-you came!" She said, surprised.

"Y-yeah! I just needed a break so I decided to come here... For you." He said quietly.

"Hm?"

"N-nothing! I'm glad I'm here!" He nervously chuckled. Y/n smiled and hugged her best friend.

"I'm glad you're here too." She said, digging her face into his shoulder. He hugged back. They then heard a sudden jingle. They both look up.

"Mistletooooe!" The guard enthused. Y/n and Varian looked at each other, their cheeks getting red.

"C'mon, love birds! You know you want to!"

"W-we aren't-" Y/n was cut off by Varian giving her a quick peck on her lips. She gasped and put her hand to her lips. The stinging in her cheeks only got worse.

"Yeah!" The guard cheered and left to go to another couple. Y/n stood there stunned. Varian took notice.

"S-sorry! I-i figured you wanted him to leave us alone s-so I did the first thing I thought of." He put a hand up to his goggles to adjust them.

"I-I..." Y/n stuttered. Varian nervously chuckled.

"I-I'll just go get some eggnog." He walked away from Y/n. As soon as he lost her in the crowd, he facepalmed. "Nice job, Varian! She probably thinks you're a freaking weirdo now! Idiot!" He scolded himself as he walked towards Eugene.

"How'd it go?" He asked, cookie crumbs around his mouth.

"Horribly." Varian leaned against the table and covered his face with his hands.

"Did you kiss her?"

"Yes." Varian responded, his voice muffled.

"What did she say?" Eugene asked.

"Nothing." He dug his face further into his palms.

"Yikessss. Bad sign. I'm sorry, kid."

"Now she'll never want to talk to me. I bet it was so embarrassing for her. I knew I should've waited for a better time." Varian wiped his bangs from his face.

"Varian!" Y/n called as she pushed her way through the crowd. Varian moved his hands from his face and gave her all of his attention.

"H-hey, Y/n!" He smiled, uneasy.

"You uh... W-went the wrong way for the eggnog s-so I went and got you some!" She gave him his mug.

"T-thanks." He grabbed the mug and softly sipped. Suddenly, he felt Y/n kiss his cheek. His eyes went wide and he looked at her.

"M-mistletoe." She pointed up. He looked above him.

"There's no m-" he looked down but she was gone. He looked around a bit to try and find her. Eugene rested his arm on Varian's poofy hair.

"Now that- is a good sign." He smiled. Varian felt his cheeks perk up slowly and flush.

"Y-yeah." He said, rubbing his cheek.
~~~

Y'all down for a baby it's cold outside Songfic bc I sure am-

Also I'm calling this a oneshort since it's under 800 words-