13) Hold Me Tighter

(Modernized btw)

You were sobbing in the rain, your two-inch heels clicking against the soaked sidewalk. This night couldn't have gotten any worse.

Your so-called "boyfriend" canceled on you for some of his friends who were going over his house for some stupid game that was coming out tonight.

And just when you thought things were getting serious between you two- he came to dinner, and then left you to walk home!

The first person you thought to call was Varian, but of course, your phone had died and you didn't bring your portable charger. So, you decided to walk.

In the rain.

At 10:30 PM.

By yourself.

Two blocks away from the restaurant.

You walked up Varian's front porch steps, shivering like a puppy. You knocked on the door and wiped your face of tears and rain. He didn't answer after the first few knocks.

"Please answer." You begged to yourself. You waited a few more seconds. He usually would've answered after the third knock. You guessed he had fallen asleep at his desk by now. All of a sudden, you just broke down into tears. You leaned against the outside of the house and dragged your back down onto the ground and sobbed even more.

Suddenly, the door unlocked and opened, you looked up to see Varian's wild hair and his Batman robe on.

"Hello? Anybody out he-" You jumped up and hugged him out of desperation, which seemed to startle him quite a bit. It took him a moment to realize who you were.

"(Y/N)?" He pulled out of the hug and looked at you. He had to admit.

You looked horrible.

You rubbed your eyes. "Can I stay here for the night? Please?"

"O-Of course!" He let you in and closed the door. He then sat you on his couch and gave you a surprisingly warm blanket. He wrapped the blanket around you and he sat down next to you.

"You mind telling me what happened?" He asked, hoping there was some way he could help you feel better. You stayed quiet for a moment, avoiding eye contact in fear he would see the tears swelling your eyes. You finally spoke.

"Tripp... he bailed while we were on our date for some game. He didn't even bother to bring me home..." You chuckled in the middle of your sentence. But Varian knew it wasn't genuine.

"Hey, Tripp is a douchebag. If Cass was here, she'd tell you she told you so." He said, trying to make light of the situation.

"I guess you're right" You laughed. "Right now, I just need a friend."

Friend. Varian cringed a bit. "Well hey, you got one right here." He smiled.

"I do." You hugged him tightly. He hesitantly hugged back.

"I'm also gonna need a shower-"

"I gotcha covered. You can wear one of my shirts. A-and the um... *Ahem* y-your underwear that you left here..." He blushed profusely as you laughed at him.

"You actually kept those? I gave them to you as a joke."

"Well they came in handy didn't they?" He smiled awkwardly.

"I guess they did."

"I'll go prepare your clothes and you can go take your shower." He said as he left the room. You got up and took the absolute best shower of your life.

You left the bathroom, steam following you out. You went into Varian's room. He was reading on his Kindle when you entered. He looked at you and blushed and practically ran out of the room to let you get dressed.

Once you were all dried off and dressed, you went into the living room to see Varian preparing the couch with blankets.

"What are you doing?" You asked him, walking closer to him.

"I-I'm sleeping on the couch tonight so you can get my bed." He answered rubbing the back of his neck. You snickered.

"What's funny?" He asked

"You" You answered. He looked at you confused.

"How?"

"You think you're sleeping on the couch."

"Well, where else am I supposed to sleep?"

"With me, duh" You answered. A smile slowly crept upon his face. You groaned.

"Not in that way, dummy." You punched his arm.

"You're strong." he rubbed his arm.

"I'll punch ya harder if you don't come sleep on the bed with me."

"Okay okay. Jeez. Violent much?" He joked as he followed you to bed. He let you lay down first and he lied in the opposite direction which you were disappointed about, but you understood he was uncomfortable.

"Night, Var."

"Night, (N/N)"

And he turned off the lamp.

~~~

The next morning, you woke up to a Varian spooning you from behind and holding you very close. You silently laughed at him and his adorableness. You also woke up to about a billion texts from Tripp.

"Hey sorry about tonight babe. Miss ya!"

"Hey why arent u answering?"

"Cmon i know you're not asleep"

"How'd you get home?"

"Did u even make it home?"

"U better not be at that one losers house"

"istfg how many times do i have to tell you"

"I dont like who you hang out with"

"u better not be whoring around lol"

"cmon babe"

"Slut."

You rolled your eyes at all the texts and decided to message back=

"If i'm such a slut, then you can go find another girl to bail and cheat on bc we're done. Love ya! ;)" (ay bruh lemme know what you guys would actually say im genuinely curious-)

You chuckled at the text and pressed send. You felt Varian shuffle behind you.

"Everything okay, (N/N)?" He asked sleepily.

"Yeah." You shut off your phone and put it on mute. You backed up closer to his body. "Just... hold me tighter." You heard him hum.

"Of course, babe" And he did.

...

"You know you're gonna regret spooning me once we actually wake up, right?" You told him.

"Mm, yeah. But it feels good." You felt him snuggle into you. "Especially since you're right on my cro-"

"Varian?" You interrupted him.

"Yeah (N/N)?"

"Just shut up and go back to sleep."

"... Okay"

~~~

I like this one owo