Chapter 8: Our thing

I come back to find Giovanni with the baby fast asleep in his arms. He is gently stroking her cheek softly singing an Italian lullaby. I quietly pull out my phone and snap a picture at the touching sight.

"You better delete that".

I slip my phone to my back pocket, "Oh come on Gio, I wont even post it".

He gives me a look, "Sophia delete it".

"Why? Are you scared of the way you look holding a baby? Scared of looking like a sweet guy?"

He tries to slip his finger out her mouth but she starts to sqwarm.

I chuckle, "I'm surprised you know how to even hold a baby".

"I watched my Mother with my little sister".

"You didn't like holding her?"

He looks up at me, "I wanted to but she was so tiny and innocent it scared me".

I sit next to him and kiss the baby's cheek, "Their mother is about to leave".

He raises a brow, "They're twins?"

I nod, "Yep, Liam and Lisa,".

He chuckles, "Basic Americans"

I laugh as well, "Keep me out of that equation, My children's names will be far from basic".

We get up as the Mother comes and takes her daughter, "Oh, You got her to sleep".

I nod, "He's a baby expert, If you need him to babysit he's available Monday thru Friday from 7am to 8pm".

Gio is quick to shake his head and the women and I laugh.

***

After the party Gio drives me home but I didn't feel like ending the night so soon so we sat inside and he rolls down the Sunroof so we can look up at the stars.

"Have you ever thought of marraige Sophia?" I turn to him surprised at his question.

"Why? you trying to propose?"

He looks back up at the stars in the sky, "Yeah and I just wished on a shooting star that you would say yes so you better".

My head shoots back up, "What! A shooting star? And you didn't tell me!".

He chuckles, "I'm kidding, but seriously what do you think about marraige?"

I turn back to those stormy grey eyes, "I'm going to get married, that I decided when I was little. Then I'll have kids and then grand kids and then we'll die old together".

"So your all for 'for better or for worse'?"

"Who isn't? I mean no one wants to get married more then once. I want to get married to the love of my life, have kids with him, raise them with him and get old with him. Every girl wants real love that makes them feel more alive then alive can be. I wont get married unless I know it's him."

"How will you know it's him?"

I lay my head back down, "Iv'e been praying for him since I was a little girl so he'll be sent from God. And that means he'll be signed sealed and delivered".

"So he'll come in the mail?"

I smile at his cheekiness, "He'll be everything I've been praying for. That's how I'll know."

He takes my hand kissing my finger tips, "And this God, Will he listen if I start to pray for my wife as well?"

I cup his cheek, "He would love to hear your voice. That I know for a fact Giovanni".