Chapter 11: Oh Brother

Lucia's POV

After taking a shower I slip on a white sundress with tiny pink flowers everywhere. As I brush my hair in the mirror I admire how the dress clings to my curves making my 17 year old body look 21.

I smile cheekily, "Thanks for hitting me up mama".

Right away I know something is different, the house which is usually filled with laughter is dead silent. The maids keep there heads down as they work, the men look deadly serious and at Daddy's office door two guards stand by stiffly their hands behind there backs.

I head to the kitchen and tap a maid on the shoulder, "What's going?"

"T-The Boss is back Miss", She whispers with her head down.

My heart freezes.

This was most definitely not a planned visit because if it was he would have alerted Mama and she would have told me. And whenever he comes unexpectedly, he comes with a bad mood.

I stop Sandra before she can walk away, "Is he at the table for breakfast?"

She shakes her head, "In his Office Miss".

I smile kindly at her, "Thank you".

It was a stupid question to ask really, my brother never eats at the dinning room with us unless theirs a guest over.

I walk into the dinning room to find my mother Seated by hereself eating breakfast.

I kiss her cheek, "Did you know he was coming?"

She shakes her head, "I didn't have a clue but I'm happy he's home".

I roll my eyes, "So your happy that everyone's uncomfortable?"

She narrows her eyes, "Lucia, I haven't seen my son in a year".

I shrug my shoulders and push away my plate, "I'm not hungry".

She gives me a look, "You haven't even taken a bite, Sit down and eat".

I sit reluctantly and take a bit, "Have you seen Gabriele?"

She shakes her head, "Baby you need to be careful".

I look up alert, "What do you mean?"

She rolls her eyes, "Oh come on Lucia, everyone can see clear as day what's happening between you two".

My cheeks burn, "We're just friends Mama".

She nods her head slowly, "But friends don't kiss like lovers. I'm saying this because I don't want someone to get hurt".

I cross my arms, "I'm no fool, and I can take care of myself".

She gets up, "I mean Gabriele".

***

Giovanni's arrival had set off the mood of the house. Everyone walks, talks, and acts with fear and he just arrived today. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother wholeheartedly but it's so much better when he isn't home.

I Pick up the gun and take another shot at the dummy.

Bang!

I smile, right on the head baby.

"What a strange choice of outfit to go shooting in".

I snap my head to see Gabriele standing behind me. I drop the gun and go to run into his arms but he shakes his head.

"Don't. Boss's office looks out to here".

I blush embarrassed, "Your right, we have to be careful".

He walks over and pick's up the gun I had dropped, "You look beautiful my dear".

My heart flutters as a shiver runs down my body, "Well thank you good sir".

He looks away from me then places the gun on it's holder, my brows furrow at his change in mood.

"Lucia".

I jump a bit startled to see Giovanni dressed in an all black suit, hair gelled back, and eyes as cold as the arttic.

"Goodness Gio, you almost gave me a heart attack", I breath out as I tug my dress down.

He looks me up and down then turns to a stiff looking Gabriele, "Your dismissed".

I walk over and wrap my skinny arms around his middle while my head found rest on his chest.

He remains stiff as usual, "I don't like your dress".

I move away from him, "Yeah well I don't like the color black on you".

I pick up the gun and slide the glasses back on.

"Who has been letting you in here?"

I roll my eyes,"Myself Gio".

"So somone gave you the door code?"

I freeze for a second, Gabriele gave me the code, "No I spied on some men and memorized it".

I hear him take a step closer, "Put the gun down".

Lifting the gun up, I shoot at the dummies mouth.

I smell his cologne before I feel his rough hand spin me around, "Last time, put the gun down".

I stare up at his stormy grey orbs for a second then put the gun down.

"But why? Shouldn't I know how to protect myself" I blurt out.

He too is caught by surprise at my defiance. Never in my 17 years of life have I questioned or disobeyed my older brother.

His eyebrows furrow, "Little girls shouldn't be holding guns and It's my duty to protect you Lucia. Go on inside the house and I don't want to catch you in here again, OK".

Wooow SEXIST.

But nonetheless I nod my head pulling away from him but he holds me tighter, "Words".

"Sure", Swiftly I tug my arm away and run inside the house where I furiously cry in my pillow.

After 10 minutes I sit up and wipe my eyes, My brother was going to be sorry he came back home.

I was going to make that a sure thing.

Thought on Lucia?

Remember to Vote :)