Chapter 73: Redemption

It's been a long way coming but we made it, last chapter! Please comment, I want to know what you guys are thinking:)

GIOVANNI POV.

She was gone and it was my fault.

I was reminded that every single day.

For three months straight I did nothing but cry. I haven't cried so uncontrollable like that since the first person I killed. I was broken beyond repair and looking at my kids made me even the more guilty.

Luca was never going to remember his mother. My triples never even got the chance to know her. They will grow up hating me for killing their mother and I will age hating myself for killing Sophia.

"Boss it's about to happen".

I take the ipad and watch as two black cars drive into the tunnel and soon after an explosion of fire breaks out.

I hand back the device before opening the car door, "good. Bring my bags to the door Lance. After that your free to go, I am no longer your boss".

I take two carseats in both hands before going back to get Luca and the other baby.

"Ocean!"

I force a smile for my son, "no that's a river. The ocean is only a few miles away though".

He tugs on the french doors and I watch him run to the river that was behind the house. Before I can call out to him Isabella releases a cry reminding me that it was feeding time. I decide to feed her first while Marcello and Francesco were still sleeping from the long plane and car ride.

After heating her up bottle I put the nipple to her mouth and watch her suck, "you look just like your mama, baby girl. If she knew she was having a girl she would have gone crazy...even though she didn't know, you best believe she loved you like crazy. Sophia loved everyone..."

She lets out a soft whimper as if she knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Giovanni".

I watch as Sienna walk in with the twins in both hands, her belly swollen with child.

"Luca's in the backyard but give me a kiss first".

Antonio runs away ignoring me but Esperanza gives me a hug before she runs out back.

Alessandro comes in with the three dogs and he and Sienna begin making more formula for the boys that just woke up. Not even five minutes pass before Esperanza comes back in holding my pinky in her small brown hand. I still haven't gotten used to my pinky being bare.

"I want cookies".

Usually I would instruct the cook to start making some cookies but it was just us out here. There weren't any maids to do chores or chefs to do cooking. Only two guards stood outside guarding the house and next door, two more were guarding Alessandro's.

Sienna sighs, "I'll make you some cookies after the babies are done feeding. Why don't you help Uncle burp Izzy?"

I show her how to gently pat the Isabella's back until she finally releases a soft burp. After a while the child grows bored of holding the baby so she hands her back to me before running out back.

Less looks outside to where the kids were chasing the dogs, "This is it. Just us in the middle of nowhere".

I smile, "yep. This is what Sophia wanted all along. A house in the countryside where we can raise our four children together. Those were her exact words actually...and it took her death for me to finally make it come true".