Chapter 24: Alessandro

Giovanni POV

I don't dance, I hate country and I don't just offer anyone to meet my mother and sister .

But If I could travel back in time to relive last week for just 1 minute I would. I couldn't help but be impressed when Sophia belted out rapping for I didn't know she had it in her to do something like that. Or when she pulled me out to dance with her

But when your whipped, oh man you don't care...Whipped huh? I like the sound of that.

I press the phone to my ear.

A feminine voice speaks up, "Hello?"

"Who is this?"

"Um...Lucia Anastasi".

I hit my forehead with my palm, "Now why would you tell me your name without knowing who I am?"

"Gio? Ahhh! Mama Gio's on the phone!!"

I sigh, "What are you doing in my office Lucia? Where's Lorenzo?"

"Ugh it's about time you called, Mama is going crazy".

"Lucia where is Lorenzo?"

I get out my tablet and pull up the security camera for the house and spot Lorenzo with a maid in her room.

"I don't know, but anyways like I was saying, Mama wants to throw a Christmas party at the East wing on Christmas and she has been getting all the decorations ready-"

I click on the camera view of my office where Lucia is seated in my chair with her feet up on my desk, "Put your feet down and tell Mama no parties".

She looks around the room, "I should have knew this place was bugged and I don't want to get yelled at so you do it yourself".

"Get her on the phone then go to James and tell him to get Lorenzo".

She sighs and I watch her get up from my chair and head out. I follow her as she walks to the kitchen where my mother is making homemade spaghetti noodles. Mama walks to my office drying her hands on her dirty apron then picks up the phone.

"Giovanni! son how are you? have you eaten? You sound hungry and what time is it there? You don't sound like you've slept yet".

"I'm fine Mama and why are you in the kitchen? I hired cooks for a reason".

"My kitchen? your asking me why I'm in MY kitchen? And I'm only fifty-seven dear not ninety-one".

I sigh,"You worry me Mama, take it easy por favore".

"You worry ME Giovanni! Come home son, we miss you".

I chuckle, "I have four weeks till I come home Mama be patient and what is this Lucia is telling me about you throwing a Christmas party?"

"Oh yes! The Anastasi Family will be hosting a Christmas Party on December twenty-fifth. There will be a feast-Italian style of course, games for children, music and dancing. Everyone has to RSVP by...yesterday".

I close my eyes, "Mama are you serious! You should have told me before doing such a thing-"

"Giovanni you might be the boss but I am the bigger boss and don't you ever forget that son".

I sigh frustrated, "I know Mama but telling me is the least you could have done so we could discuss it".

"It's just a party mio amore, there isn't anything to stress about. Lucia and I will take care of it, all you need to do is bring a pretty date to dance with".

I smile thinking of Sophia, "Mama...I-".

"Yeah yeah, you don't dance or date-Lorenzo? OK I have to go Baby, call me any time and take care of yourself. I Love you".