Chapter 68: Kidnapped

Two updates in a day!!!

I don't know why I thought that getting therapy would make everything all of a sudden better. Because it didn't.

I mean, through the therapy I was able to heal from the miscarriage but it also made me realize that Giovanni and I were never going to see eye to eye when it came to his illegal 'business'.

Just because he goes to church every Sunday and says nightly prayers with Luca did not help the fact that he was still participating in something horrible.

He promised me-before we even got married, that he was going to find a way out. But it's almost our four year wedding anniversary and all he does is dodge my question.

We don't fight as much as before but every two weeks the topic of his Mafia would be brought up and we would go at it. It usually ended with him walking away because he didn't want to fight with me. But him walking out on me only angered me more, I would follow him- with Luca trailing behind-until he would finally turn around and reply to me.

But after I found out I was pregnant last week, I knew what I needed to do. I have to leave, I refuse to lose a baby eight months after I lost the other one. The doctor himself told me that I had a very high chance of miscarrying again if I didn't stop stressing out. And let me add in that I'm already high risk because I'm carrying twins. I couldn't even get to celebrate my excitement of carrying twins because I was busy worrying about losing them.

Giovanni-whom I love with all of my heart, was the reason to my stress. The only way I can be stress free is if I'm away from him. I hated that I was hiding my pregnancy from him for the second time, but I'm a mother before I'm a wife. I have to do what I know is best for my children, even if it meant hurting my husband.

Around nine in the morning, I finally find the energy to roll out of bed. I quickly shower, get dressed in sweats then make my way to Luca's room. I look everywhere around his room that he usually hides in but when I don't find him, I immediately start to panic.

Running down the stairs, I ask anyone if they have my baby but they all says no. By the time I'm standing outside Giovanni's office I'm crying crazy.

The two guards refuse my entrance saying Giovanni gave orders to not be disturbed.

"I'm his wife and it's urgent! My child is missi-"

The man on the right tunes in to his ear piece, "Yes boss".

He steps aside and I push the doors open leaving the men to close them.

"I can't find Luca! I woke up to go check on him but he was gone. And the staff know not to touch him and even when I asked them If they knew where he was they said no. I can't believe someone kidnapped him! We have to-"

I finally realize Giovanni isn't even listening. He just kept on working on the files in front of him without a care in the world.

"GIOVANNI MY CHILD IS MISSING", I shout at the top of my lungs.

"OUR CHILD". He slams his hand on the desk again, "OUR CHILD, SOPHIA".

I put my hand over my heart, "I gave birth to him and have been nourishing him since. I LOVE HIM. You come home and go to check and make sure your heir is still alive!".

He stands up knocking his chair over, "Don't you ever accuse me of not loving my child! You of all people know what my father did to me so why would I put my own son through it? Sophia...Where is Luca's passport?"

I cross my arms, "I don't kno-".

"Don't start with the bullsh*t".

He pulls out my suitcase from under his desk, "You were planning on running away".

"I-"

He slams the suitcase on the desk, "I SAID DON'T START WITH THE BULLSH*T".

My head begins to spin. How on Earth did he find it? I hid it in storage unit that was an hour away. How did he even find out I was planning on running away?

I hold onto a chair to keep from passing out, "Giovanni please calm down".

He chuckles darkly, "You ask me to calm down after I find out my wife has taken my child's passport, birth certificate and social security number because she has been planning on running away with him?"

"Giovanni, Luca can feel our energy. He's a smart boy he can tell what's going on between us. Don't act like you don't know he watches us when he fights. I told even told you on Monday how he told me he doesn't like the yelling. All I wanted was to get him away from all this till things cooled down," I calmly explain.

He nods slowly, "And by things cooled down you mean after the birth of my twins".

I stop breathing as I begin to feel the weight of the world crashing down on me.

Only Lace and Sienna knew about my pregnancy. And I know they wouldn't tell. This means someone else knew...someone close or someone observant enough to guess.

Maybe it was Giovanni himself who figured it out. Did I underestimate him?

My knees give out and I collapse down on the seat.

Giovanni comes and crouches down in front of me, "How dare you take me for a fool Sophia. I knew you were pregnant the second you yourself found out. You will stay here until the birth, then I will bring Luca back home. But if you want him earlier, I advise you tell me who you were working with. Who was gonna help you run away Sophia?...Which one of my men has betrayed me?"

I black out with the feeling of his soft lips on my forehead.

Was it justiciable for Sophia to plan on running away again?

Where's Luca?