Chapter 34: Flying to the Moon

GIOVANNI POV

Sophia and I finish the dishes then head to the living room where the rest were decorating.

I was nervous that Samantha would be upset but she ran right into my arms making me feel forgiven.

"GG you came!"

Less laughs, "Of course he came he lives here".

I kiss her cheek, "I missed you baby how was your day?"

She sighs dramatically, "Exhausting! I've been in the kitchen cooking all day".

Sophia scoffs, "Cooking? or you mean eating?"

The three laugh and Samantha pouts.

I press the child to my chest, "You all leave my baby alone shes had a hard day".

Sophia pulls my arm down so she can kiss Samantha on her head.

"Alright chief how about we eat dinner now".

Samantha pulls away from her pressing herself closer to me, "No you guys laughed at me!"

"We have chicken nuggets", she bribes.

Sammy beams and I set her down so she can run to wash her hands.

After dinner we cut the cake which was absolutely amazing then Valentina and Alessandro head upstairs to give us alone time with Samantha.

"What do you want to do cucciola?"

She smiles, "let's watch Toy Story!"

So we head upstairs to my room for a cozier setting and turn on the tv that was beginning to collect dust.

Sammantha settles in between us and surprisingly she stays up later then Sophia who is too jaded from all the cooking.

I head to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth and when I climb back in bed Samantha stirs.

"Daddy?"

I frown, "It's just me baby your ok".

She realizes where she is and whimpers out, "I want some milk".

I check the clock: 2 am.

Pulling her into my arms we head down stairs where I fix her some warm milk like the old times.

She finishes it then I carry her back upstairs and rock her singing Italian nursery rhymes until she falls completely asleep.

***

"So like more fancy clothes or more casual clothes?"

I scratch my head, "Pack a little more fancy dresses because I want to take you out a lot".

Sophia pulls out a sparkly purple ballgown dress and I nod.

"I've never seen you wear that before, it will look gorgeous on you!"

She smiles, "Lace designed it a while back but it finally was finished a few weeks ago. I haven't worn it because It's breathtaking so I need somewhere breathtaking to wear it. Can't waste a boring event on this dress, you know?"

I pinch her cheeks, "I have something in mind but for now let's keep packing".

We finish packing all of Sophia's clothes and we even get mine done. Well the five pair of black suits that is. I already had clothes back home so there was no need for me to bring anything back.