Chapter 49: A threat?

I'll be posting like everyday from now on because I'm trying to finish this book before the end of July so I can focus on the other books that I just started writing. Any objections?

It has been three months since Valentina has given birth and one month since they were released from the hospital. Today Alessandro was going in to get his stitches removed.

On my way to Less's house I pick up Sienna and Lace who have not gotten to see the babies since their homecoming.

Over at the house we find Less and Valentina in the midst of an argument. Fabio refuses to step in and control Alessandro. He stands at the corner with his fat and greasy self laughing at the couple.

Right there I send a text to Giovanni to hurry up and get here. Sienna pulls Alessandro away attempting to lead him to the car. At this point, Giovanni can stay home, he is over an hour late.

Lace picks up Agusto and Valentina tends to her crying daughter.

I glare at Fabio who was still smiling like the idiot he is.

"You are no longer needed. Get out".

His face goes hard, "What?"

I raise my chin, "I wont repeat myself".

The short stubby man stares at me then an evil sickly smile spreads on his lips.

"Take care of yourselves ladies".

I shiver runs up my spine at his words. I have never had a problem with the guy. But I have told Giovanni before that something about Fabio is...off.

"And you better take of yourself too".

I take out the surveillance iPad and see that he leaves the house. At the same time Sienna comes back followed by Lucia, Beatrice and Giovanni.

Gio takes off his hat and makes his way around the living room greeting us all.

"Valentina how are you feeling my dear".

The young mother gives a shaky smile, "I feel stronger thank you".

He kisses her cheek and takes Esperanza from her hands.

"My my sweet girl your getting bigger by the minute".

We all smile as the baby coos in respond.

"I really don't like him", Lace whispers to me.

I nod keeping my voice low, "He makes me squirm".

Lucia leans closer to us, "Who Fabio?"

I nod surprised, "How did you know?"

She grunts, "He's the only slimy creep here".

Lace shakes her head, "You should have been here to see what happened-".

"What happened?"

The three of us snap our necks to Giovanni who looks concerned.

"Sophia".

I look away from him, "Fabio was just being annoying that's all".

He raises an eyebrow and hands the baby back to Valentina.

"Do you wanna talk to me about it in private?"

I sigh, "It was nothing Giovanni. You already know how I dislike Fabio. He wasn't stepping in and getting Alessandro earlier and I snapped at him".

"And when she told him to get out he got this evil look on his face and the left saying, 'take care of yourself ladies' like we what the f*ck is that supposed to mean?"

I glare at Lace.

Without a word Giovanni gets up and puts his hat back on.

"Lucia and Beatrice put your coats back on".

Lucia's mouth drops, "But we just got here! And you said I could spend the night too".

Beatrice sits up, "What! Can I sleepover too".

Giovanni gives the two girls 'the look'.

"No one is sleeping over. I have to stop by the base to check on something and I won't be able to pick you up until late at night".

Lucia smiles, "That's ok. Leave us here and then come back for us when you're finished".

Giovanni gives Lucia one look that sends her up on her feet.

"Valentina, expect a few men to come over for extra surveillance. I also ask that you ask one of the girls to stay with you for the night for some help. You look beautiful as usual but my dear you are stressed and we don't need that".

Valentina smiles and reaches out for Sienna, "Would you mind?"

Wooow...no it's fine...onestly

Sienna smiles and kisses Agusto's cheek, "I would love too!"

"Sophia, do you mind staying with the girls for tonight. I most likely wont be home till early morning".

I nod, "Is everything ok?"

He looks around at all of us, "I apologize about Fabio, I understand he made you feel uncomfortable and unsafe. But you all have my word that I will do everything I can to protect you. Sí?".

We all nod in unison and Lace stands up.

"I just got a text from Amir. His mom is in the hospital".

I hand Her my keys, "Take my car and wait do you want me to go with-"

She shakes her head, "No but thank you".

We say goodbye to Sienna and Valentina who assures us she'll be fine and head back to Giovanni's estate.

At the house he sends the girls upstairs to get ready for bed and I confront him with my worries.

"What's going on?"

He sighs, "Its a lot and I have to go right now. Call me if you need anything and please don't worry too much".

I cross my arms as he presses a kiss to my lips and leaves.

I make pasta for the girls and then we go up to Giovanni's room that was the only room with a T.V. We end up falling asleep in his bed watching episodes of 'Power'.

Around 3 am I wake up to the girls whispering.

"Mary!"

The three of them shush me and I sit up to get a better look at the Burnett.

"How did you get here? And with who?"

The young girl smiles, "On a plane and with mama".

I crawled to Giovanni and pulled the child off his lap and into my arms.

"I missed you so much sweetheart".

Giovanni reaches next to me and flicks Beatrice on the head.

"B this is my baby cousin Mary, Alessandro's sister".

"Did you know they were coming?" Lucia asks.

Gio flicks Mary's throat, "No they didn't tell me until they arrived at the airport calling for a ride".

Mary giggles, "Mama wanted us to surprise you all. Can we go see Less and the babies now?"

I check the time, "It's almost 4am! Wait till the morning".

Giovanni nods, "And these two have school tomorrow. Let's all get some rest".

Lucia rolls her eyes, "I do cyber and it's only 3 hours".

Beatrice looks up at Giovanni with puppy eyes, "Do I still have to wake up so early to go to school?"

Gio stands pointing at the door, "Yes, everyone is going to school tomorrow".

"Not me", Mary shouts.

"Even you. I'll leave math problems for you to do when you wake up", Giovanni tells her.

"OK, and I'll search the answers up".

He raises a brow, "I'll cut off the Wifi".

Remember comment and Vote!