Chapter 13: Teenage Drama

Giovanni's POV

Sleeping with Lucia in my arms was hard. She likes to cling onto me and I get scared I'll sleep on her accidentally. So every movement of hers woke me up and every turn I made I calculated. And I'm already a light sleeper to begin with so yeah I got no sleep and it's just 5 am.

I look down at her. Her long lashes are still wet from crying and the skin around her eyes is red.

Despite having the same parents, Lucia and I look nothing alike. She has a round shaped head, thin eyebrows, curly light brown hair and big puppy dog honey brown eyes.

While I have a more defined jaw line, thick eyebrows, curly jet black hair and grey eyes.

My mother struggled with infertility but finally was blessed with Lucia when I was seven. Father was murdered when Lucia was just eleven so she's been looking up to me more as a father figure then a brother.

I remove her tight hold from my arm and to a pillow then lightly kiss her forehead.

Slipping on some nike shorts I head down to the gym.

***

"Boss?"

I look up from the papers to see lorenzo at the door.

I nod, "Come in and take a seat".

He kisses the ring on my pinky before seating.

"Lorenzo, I assigned you head of security. I put in your watch my mother and sister. Correct".

He sits up in his chair, "Yes boss".

"So then may I ask you, how did you not notice my sister goes to the shooting range?"

He nods his head, "I did boss I even alerted you through Sammie after she continuously dissobied me-"

I hold up a hand, "Let me stop you there, you have no authority to request obedience from my sister. She obeys no one except my Mother and I".

He nods again, "Yes boss".

I stand up, "I want you to change the passcode to the gun range room".

He nods as he stands, "Yes boss".

***

Around 1 pm, Mother comes in to tell me Lucia has locked herself in her bathroom.

I get up and together we walk to her room where she continues to beg her to open the door.

"Stand back mama", I was becoming worriedly impatient as the seconds tick by.

"Wait! Dont break it I'll open it but Mama has to leave" her voice comes from the other side.

I look down at my mother and nod my head. She brings my face down to her's and kisses my cheek.

"She left, Open it".

After a few seconds pass by, Lucia cracks the door open. I push it open then close it behind me as I enter.

Lucia stands next to the mirror with scissor in one hand and a handful of her long hair in the other.

"I'm going to cut my hair and no one will stop me" she declares.

I nod playing along, "How short? Like mine or just to your shoulders?"

She looks at me in the mirror shocked then regains herself, "Actually, I think I wanna go bald".

I grab one of her curly strands in my hand, "OK, let's do it".

I hold it out in front of her so she can cut it with the scissor.

She wavers as her hand begins to shake.

"Here let me do it for you", I hold out my palm for the scissors.

She looks down at my palm then back up at me her puppy brown eyes filled with fear.

Yep I knew it she's acting out because of last night. I'm not stupid I know something happened but Lucia is easy to crack with time given.

She shakes her head, "I change my mind, I like my hair the way it is and I don't care what anyone thinks".

I arch an eyebrow, "Are you sure, you would look pretty good bald"

She pulls her hair from out of my reach, " No...but maybe I can straighten it?"

I shrug, "Don't see why you cant, I'll tell someone to pick up a straightener at the store how about that?"

She nods eagerly causing leftover tears to run down her plump cheeks.

I lift her on top of the sink and rest my head against her's, "When your ready to talk about it, I'm right here Lulu".

She cups my face in her small soft hands, "I missed you G".

I lift her into my arms and squeeze her in my embrace, I missed her as well.

Remember to Vote :)