Chapter 31: 'us'

A/N: If this chapter looks empty like a part is missing, it's because I deleted half of it (You guys know what part). I apologize to you guys for posting it aswell. As a Christian my spirit felt unsettled to post such a chapter especially because I really want this book to glorify Christ. Because it was God who gave me the talent of writing, I will use my talent to praise him.

GIOVANNI'S POV.

I wake up around nine a.m and head to the kitchen to cook for the beautiful Lady.

"I need some medicine".

I smile as she walks in and I pull her chair out for her.

"Eat some food and I'll give you some".

She groans but finishes her food which I reward her with Advil for her hangover.

"I hope nothing extreme happened yesterday", she groans.

I smirk, "And I'll keep my mouth shut so I don't ruin your hopes".

She covers her face, "Oh no, tell me I didn't fight anyone".

I chuckle, "You almost did".

She gets up sighing, "Thank goodness and I don't want to know anything about yesterday. Imagining what happened is to much in itself. This is why I can't be getting drunk".

I chuckle nodding, "I agree, even though you barely drank any alcohol. But seriously we need to talk before I drive you home".

She nods and I continue.

"My life is dangerous Sophia. Its filled with hate, fear and death. I never planned to tell you about the mafia but then again I never planned to fall in love with you. When I first met you I was attracted physically. I am disgusted with the way I used to think-but my plan was to hit it then leave. But then I got to know you and I fell in love with you. You were different, even hearing you talk about the most boring things made me feel alive. Each time I tried to tell you...I just couldn't. I knew you would leave. I don't want to breath without a reason and I want you to be the reason I do. Forgive me for I was selfish".

I hand her the white handkerchief I keep specially for her. Taking her hand I kiss the back of it then her palm and then her fingertips.

More tears run down her cheeks as she looks up at me.

"Of course I apologize for my harsh words that day but you must understand what you told me was heavy. Giovanni...You are my first boyfriend. My first love, and I pray that you'll be my first and last husband. But now I am conflicted, it turns out I really didn't know you from the start. Telling me that you were in the mafia was like telling me you had...AIDS!"

I nod, "I know baby, I'm sorry".

"You know how much my faith means to me. My relationship with Christ is important and even if I wasn't a Christian Giovanni, this would still not be something I would be ok with. It's morally wrong and defies everything I stand for. I feel like me being with you is hypocritical when I promote love, peace and compassion. I love you, I just got you back and I don't want to lose you-"

"I don't want to lose you either mio amore. I'll do anything and everything to keep us together-"

"OK then quite. Leave it all behind, marry me and build us a house in the countryside. We'll raise our four children together and-"

"Woah, woah, woah, Sophia! I don't know about all that-"

Her mouth drops, "What, now you can't have kids!"

I caress her innocent face, "No baby I'm talking about how there is no such thing as leaving the mafia".

"What?"

"I leave in handcuffs or I leave in a coffin".

My heart breaks as those pretty brown eyes widen in fear.

"This is my fate Sophia, but I tell you what. I'll figure it out, for YOU I will figure it out-"

"Giovanni do not get yourself killed!-"

"I don't wanna die, not anymore. At least not until we grow old together Sophia. Stay with me mio amore. Let's give 'us' a chance".

Remember to vote!