Chapter 35: His Family

We arrive in Italy in the afternoon but we reach Giovanni's family estate 3 hours later.

Giovanni covers my face with soft kisses as the car comes to a stop.

"We're here my love".

I stretch pushing myself up from his lap. The sun was low in the sky filled with beautiful colors of pink and orange.

The driver comes around and opens the door. Giovanni slides out first then holds my hand as I scoot out.

What I was not prepared for was the winter breeze that sent goosebumps up my body.

Or Giovanni's huge family waiting outside by the front door to greet us. The majestic house behind them was fit for a royal family. The grass and trees were somehow green like someone in this month of winter. All the outside lights were on because obviously these people had money to waste on the electricity bill.

Shielding me from view Gio removes his coat and sets it on my shoulders.

"You want me to tell them to go inside?"

I smile and touch his cheek, "No, It's fine".

With a short nod he pulls me closer to his body and we walk towards them.

When we came closer the whole group goes quiet and I keep my head down my face hot with discomfort.

"Mama this is Sophia-"

A women who I assume is his mother steps forward, "Buon Dio, ha finalmente trovato una moglie!"

The group erupts with laughter and his mother pulls me to her arms kissing my cheek.

She smells like spices and a hint of perfume. And her arms around me feel right.

"It's nice to meet you ma'am".

She wipes away the tears in her eyes and presses her forehead to mine, "Thank you for bringing my son home mio amore".

She releases me to pinch Giovanni's cheeks, "Of course you couldn't tell me it was a girl!"

I turn around as someone taps my shoulder, "I'm Lucia that big heads sister".

She was one of the few naturally beautiful girls I have ever seen. Her skin was lighter compared to Giovanni's but still held an even color to it. Her eyebrows were thin but full giving her eyes the attention they deserve.

They were a warm brown with rings of honey gold around them just like her mothers. There was a beauty mark on the left side of her face on top of her pouty pink lips.

She pulls me in for a hug and my nostrils are hit with the smell of expensive perfume as her curly hair is blown into my face covering my eyes.

"It's nice to meet you Lucia, Gio didn't tell me he had a gorgeous little sister".

She blushes not used to being complimented and nudges the younger girl next to her.

"This is my cousin Mary".

I smile and reach out but before I could hug her someone pulls me to them.

"Amelia! Come greet the bride!"

The girl holding my hand squeezes me in a hug.

Another girl who I assume is Amelia steps forward.

"Non Male per un Americano immagino...anche se e nera".

(Not bad for an American...Although she is black).

A third girl with big blue eyes leans in and kisses my cheek, "lei è bella".