Chapter 12: That type of Crying

Lucia's POV

Gabriele and I decide to lay low until Giovanni leaves but my heart is aching bad.

I roll out of bed, not bothering to change out of my cotton nightgown or even put some shoes on.

My mind was made up, I was going to see Gabriele.

I walk down the three flights of stairs and to the first floor where the maid's and men's rooms are.

Gabriele's room is on the corner that faces out to the pool, sometimes when I would visit him at night we would climb out his window and dip our feet in the water.

I push open the door, planning out how I can surprise him as he sleeps but instead of surprising him, I'm the one surprised.

Marissa, quickly detaches her lips from Gabriele's and looks up with a smirk on her lips.

Gabriele pushes her off him, "Lucia wait I-".

I shut the door and run up to my room as tears invade my eyes and crash down on my cheeks.

But instead of going into my room I head to Giovanni's.

I make sure to nock but twist it open after I dont get a response.

"Shit! Lucia"

A women looks up from between Gio's legs.

"Close your eyes!"

I slap a hand over my wet eyes, "I-I Never mind".

"No, stay where you are. Krista get out".

Squeezing my eyes shut I wipe them embarrassed.

I hear shuffling, a door opening and closing and the sound of Giovanni pulling his boxers back on.

"Alright, what is it?"

I open my eyes to find Gio sitting on his bead.

"I-I just wanted to see you. It's been what a year", Forgive me I'm still practicing the art of lying.

He studies me, "Come here".

Reluctantly I move to stand in front of him, "It's late I should go back to be-".

"You've been crying", His finger brushes on a tear at the corner of my left eye.

I force a smile, "I had a bad dream".

He raises an eyebrow definitely not buying it but doesn't push it.

"Can I sleep in here tonight?" I whisper.

He, stands, turns off the lights and walks over to his side of the bed as I roll into the left side.

I try my best to fall asleep but the image of Marissa and Gabriele making out wont go away.

He said he loved me. Only me. He said he wouldn't do it again.

Was I not good enough for him? Why wasn't I good enough for him?

Was it my hair? Maybe he prefers girls with straight short hair like Marissa's? Was it my body? Maybe he likes girls that weren't fat?

As I silently cry, I press a hand to my heart as if that will make it hurt less.

I stay like this for 10 minutes until I feel Giovanni's hand snake under my waist and pull me around to him.

My wet cheeks press against his hot chest as he strokes my hair, "Who hurt you Lucia".

I shake my head, "Nightmare".

He lifts my face to his, "You can't lie to me, I know that Cry all to well".

I roll all the way on top of his body with my head under his chin as if I'm six again.

He doesn't push on like I hope and pulls the covers to my neck.

And with a sweet kiss on the head from Giovanni I finally fall asleep.

Yeah Lucia is a hot mess lol

Remember to Vote :)