Chapter 45: Big Head's Cousin

Surprise! I'm updating on a Tuesday!

LUCIA POV

Half way through the night I crawl back to the living room where the girls are sleeping. I am embarrassed by my brother and I don't want to look like a baby in front of Sienna and Lace.

I expected to find them watching an R-rated movie but instead I find Sophia gone from her sleeping bag leaving the other two girls sleeping.

Groaning that the fun had ended I crawl into Sophia's sleeping bag and rest my eyes until the morning.

I wake up in the morning to Giovanni glaring at me.

"What did I tell you last night? Huh?"

I attempt to rub my eyes but he is quick to pull my hands down.

"Go get dressed, Less is on his way to pick you up".

I nod as my eyes get heavy again.

"Someone bring me a bowl of cold water".

At the sound of those words I am fully awake. Sliding past Gio I head to the extra room where my suitcase was. It was winter here in New York so I put on black leggings and a light blue hoodie with my Uggs.

I find Giovanni has left and Sophia, Lace and Sienna were eating breakfast.

"Where are you going?"

I turn to Lace, "my cousin is coming to pick me up".

Sophia looks up, "To go where?"

I shrug, "Gio didn't tell me".

Sienna laughs, "This is really not funny but what if your getting sold into-"

"Sit down and have breakfast first", Sophia cuts her off.

I sit with them and shortly after they run into the bedroom to change. I am shocked when they come out in dresses.

"I though you were going to the mall"

She nods, "I am".

I frown, "Your in dresses..."

Sienna doubles over laughing, "Lucia the population of women at the mall is split in half. The one half goes to spend their money and the other half goes to get guys who will spend their money on them".

I nod slowly, "But Sophia and Lace already have boyfriends".

Sophia looks up from applying lip gloss, "I'm going to a Art show and Lace is Going to a fashion program".

I don't get to reply as a knock comes from the door.

Sophia opens it, "Hey Less!"

I stand and hug my cousin who is too busy eyeing Sienna whose face has now flushed.

He holds his hand out to her after saying hi to Lace, "I'm Alessandro, the two big heads' cousin".

Sienna takes his hand, "I've heard and I'm Sienna".

Lace clears her throat and Sophia and I glare at Less.

I hand him my suitcase, "hello? Let's go."

Less doesn't even glance at me but says by to the rest and walks out leaving me to follow his tail.

"So how's your wife?" I ask him as a reminder.

He groans, "She does nothing but cry and pray in Spanish".

I frown, "You didn't do anything did you?"

He holds up his hands, "I promised G that I wouldn't drink while he was away and I haven't had a drop. She has not talked to me since the day Gio and Soph left".

The car comes to a stop at Less's new Penthouse. I climb out taking his hand as he leads me past the crowded lobby and into his penthouse.

"Valentina!"

I cring at Alessandro's yelling and head upstairs where I find the girl rushing out of the master bedroom her face flushed.

"You are home early?", she says in her Spanish accent.

I shake my head, "Actually we're late"

I point to the thing in her hands that she was trying hard to hide.

"What were you doing?"

Her face goes red some more, "I was calling someone".

I nod slowly, "Oh OK"

She looks past me to Alessandro who just came up and looks mad.

"Who?", his voice comes out accusingly.

Valentina tips her eyes away from him and to the floor, "Mi Papa".

Less steps up and takes the phone away from her then scrolls through it and glares at her.

"Get ready we have to go to your appointment".

I look down at her huge belly, wow I thought she was only 5 months pregnant but she looked like she was 8.

I decide to keep the comment to myself and head to the room at the end of the hallway to unpack.

Shocked I find that it was already someone's room and there were clothes hanging in the closet.

The door to the bathroom opens and a teenage girl with strawberry red hair and sky blue eyes emerges.

"Um sorry I didn't know this room was taken".

She takes a few deep breaths, "I-it's ok".

I turn on my heels and Run downstairs to the living room where Giovanni and Alessandro were in a deep convo.

"There's a girl upstairs".

Less nods, "Beatrice".

I turn to Giovanni, "Who is she and why is she here?"

He doesn't even glance at me as he speaks, "She'll be staying for a while until I figure things out".

I narrow my eyes, "Then where am I supposed to sleep? Valentina moved out from Less's room, the one next to hers is the baby's room and the other two rooms don't have a bed".

Less stands up as his wife walks in, "We have to go to the appointment".

Gio nods and motions for me to sit, "You and Beatrice will be sharing a room-"

"Why can't I live with you?"

"Because I'm never home and I don't want you alone everyday. It's only for a short time till you finish your online classes too".

I smirk, "What happened to you not wanting me to go to College in the state's".

He stares at me with cold eyes, "You will be under watch at all times, I'll come over every chance that I can to see you and I expect you to be on your best behavior. Sí?"

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, "Sure".

Giovanni stands up gathering his stuff, "I'm going to Cuba for a few weeks, you can call Mama and I whenever you want and please be kind to Beatrice, she's gone through a lot. When I get back we'll talk about therapy. I really want you to see some. I promise It'll help".

I nod and surprise us both as a wrap my arms around his waist, "I love you GG".

Giovanni relaxes, drops his stuff so he can hug me back.

He kisses my head, "I love you more LuLu".