Chapter 70: Safe House Shenanigans

To my relief, Luca was brought back home to me the next day after Giovanni and I talked. He had been with his Nonna and I was honestly hurt when he came back to me and didn't even act like he missed me.

All he talked about was how he made Spaghetti noodles, cakes, and a bunch of other Italian dishes. He also was really happy because Less had dropped his twins to stay with their great Aunt so he and Sienna could enjoy their honeymoon in Costa Rica.

Giovanni brought his mom to America so that she can help me through the pregnancy. I was extremely grateful for his thoughtfulness and even more happy that he was allowing me to move in with his mother at the safe house until I gave birth.

I still see him when he comes every day around 5pm to spend time with Luca and to talk to my belly. We actually never argue when he comes-well his mother would beat him with a wooden spoon if he even as much bothers me. But moving away from the house that had so many bad memories for me was calming.

His mother gave me a sense of comfort and peace only a motherly figure can. She was always stuffing me with food and preparing me about the birth because she used to be a midwife before she married.

It was ironic to me how she brought lives into the world while her late husband and now her son take lives.

"Sophia, sit down! you're going to get hurt".

I roll my eyes at my husband, "Giovanni, I'm pregnant not disabled!"

"Yeah well you look like extremely fragile", he points to my huge belly.

I ignore his comment and take another sip of the red raspberry leaf tea that his mom made for me to help strengthen my uterus. I absolutely hate tea but I know that it will benefit the babies and it's not like my mother in law was going to take no for an answer.

I let my eyes travel over Giovanni's physic as he puts folded baby clothes in the closet. He had taken of his dress shirt and was only in his black slacks. His abs could be seen through his white wife beater and his biceps would flex everytime he would slightly move.

He turns around feeling my gaze on him, "You want something?"

I blush and look away, "what?"

I can see him smirking out of the corner of my eye. Instead of replying he walks to me making me back up until I fall onto the bed.

"You know what".

I push him away, "no way, not until I give birth".

I laugh as he pushes me flat on the bed and yanks my underwear off, "at least let me have a taste".

I try to sit up and set the cup of tea down but he grabs it from my hands and throws it on the ground.

Before I can yell at him his tongue plunges in.

***

"I swear I'm not supposed to be this big for six months".

Violets nods, "maybe it's triplets. My mamma have two sets of triplets then she have me".

I frown, "no thank you. I'm pretty sure I'm just fat and I it's your fault for overfeeding me".

She shakes her head, "you need eat more or babies be skinny and die".

My frown deepens. Everytime I complain about eating she tells me stories of the babies who were born extremely underweight and died before they even took a breath.

She notices the worry in my face and Pat's my hand, "I take good care of you. Now eat more".

Luca runs into the room with Antonio and Esperanza behind him.