Chapter 7: One of a Kind

Giovanni's P.O.V

She walks to me, and whispers a 'please' in my ear then sweetly kisses my cheek, I strongly resist the urge to shiver.

"I'll be in the car". She says out loud before walking back up.

I turn to Diego after I see she is in the building, "Is that how you were trained to do your job?"

He shakes his head quickly, "No sir and I promise it wont ever happen again. Please sir I desperately need this job my wife, her cancer is getting worse and-"

I stop him, I don't care for a sad story, everyone has one, he isn't special.

"All I'm saying is let something like that never happen again. I don't give second chances so you better not mess it up".

He grabs my hand and kisses the ring.

***

She's nervous when I get into the car. Her confidence from outside completely gone.

I turn to her before starting the car, "Look at me Sophia".

She looks up her pretty dark brown eyes filled with fear, "Gio I had to, he made a mistake-".

Gio? Only my sister and mother call me that.

"I don't care. He is my staff and I am his boss. Don't you ever come between my workers and I again Sophia. You got that?"

She nods her head.

The ride back home was quiet, I was annoyed with her and she was scared to speak. I hate it, although my father respected my mother deeply, I watched my grandmother live with fear of my grandfather till he finally was murdered. Though he never admitted it, my father respected my mother because he hated the way his father treated his mother.

I stop at her building, "Sophia I'm sorry if my words were harsh but there are certain things I cannot let pass. I like you...a lot".

She looks over at me.

"Seriously-If it's fine by you, I would like to see you again".

She looks away and I get up to open the door for her. I walk her up to her place and wait till she unlocks the door.

"OK".

I smile looking down at her, "Then how about Friday?"

She looks away as she blushes then nods, "But I pick what we do this time".

I nod and look down at her lips, "No goodbye kiss on the cheek this time?"

She looks up and shrugs her shoulders.

I chuckle, "We'll then may I give you a goodbye kiss on the cheek?"

"Yes".

I lightly kiss her cheek, feeling the heat underneath my lips and remind her to lock the door behind me.

***

The next three days were all a blur to me. I only had one thing in mind and that was Friday. I was anxious, she told me she wanted to pick the date this time and I wasn't used to not being in control. All she wants is for me to pick her up at 5 pm and to dress casual.

Dress casual?

I never go out in anything but a suit attire, even in my own home I sit in my office in my suit. I look around my closet and pull out a white polo shirt, and tan Polo Ralph Lauren shorts. This will have to do.

I head over to Sophia's building and send her a text.

she comes out wearing a white Tupac shirt, skinny jeans and white sneakers. Her curls were up in a bun and a black Nike headband was wrapped around her head to keep fly away's from her face.