Chapter 17: An abortion David

"Mrs. Santayana?"

She is wearing cheetah print pajamas, her eyes red like she's been smoking weed and drinking and her greasy hair is up in a bun. She pushes the door open and walks past me charging for Lace.

"You little bitch! This is all your fault".

I phone Mr. Santayana.

"Sophia?"

"Sir you need to come right now! She's here and she looks high and drunk".

I end the call, but keep my phone on me in case I have to call 911, I also leave my phone on voice record just in case she tries something funny.

"I'm a Bitch!! You we'rent even a mother to me!"

She slaps Lace across the face, I move in front of her and push her down on the couch but she jumps back up and punches me in the face then swings at Lace as well.

"I swear I'll kill you both!"

"Mrs. Santayana you need to get out! You are not wanted here".

"Shut the fuck up n*gger!"

I hold Lace back from hitting her, "Actually Ma'am, this is my home so you have no authority to tell me what to do and I wont tell you again, GET OUT!'

"Your dead to me, DEAD! Don't ever contact me from today on!" Lace screams.

Mrs. Santayana picks up the tray of muffins and throws them at Lace, "DEAD? I knew I should have aborted you! Just like the rest...David?"

We turn to see Mr. Santayana at the door with two police officers, "Just like the rest?"

She glances at him then at the officers, "The two monsters I threw out".

His face pales, "Threw out?"

She laughs, "An abortion David, I had two abortions. I wasn't infertile, just didn't want to produce more failures".

Never have I ever viewed Mr. Santayana as a scary man but he would have any cowboy shaking in there boots right now.

"Take her away and I want a restraining order for my girls and I".

We watch as they hand cuff her and drag her as she screams and curses outside the building and to a police car.

Mr. Santayana pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead, "Your nose is bleeding baby, I want it checked out".

I hand him my phone, "I recorded everything on my phone sir".

He nods, "Smart thinking, I'll give it to a cop but I really need you to head over to the medics and have them look at your nose. Then pack a few clothes, You'll come home with me tonight".

I nod and head to the medics where they check out my nose.

I laugh out loud, Mrs. Santayana has one heck of a swing, I'll give her that.

***

Lace and I stay 3 days with Mr. Santayana who is still shaken up by his wife's action.

He is scared she will go after us to hurt him for divorcing her so just till the restraining order is official, he wants us safe with him.

I smile down at my phone and set my spoon of ice cream down. I have been sending Giovanni a Bible verses every morning at eight since we split and recently he has become more curious and open to talking about God.

I can understand why he has a hard time believing in a loving God because of his own daddy issues. But him being curious is an answer to my prayers.

"Oh no, you don't have a boyfriend too do you?"

I look up at Mr. Santayana then look away as I blush, "No boyfriend I promise".

He raises a brow, "But he's a boy that makes you smile and put down your icecream?"

I shrug my shoulders, "It's complicated..."

He chuckles, "If I had a penny for all the times I've heard that, I'd be a rich man Sophia".

I sigh, "I like him a lot but a few months ago I almost let him cross the line with how far I want to go. I was Insecure and forgot for a second who I am and what I stand for so I told him we need a break".

He kisses my head, "Has the break done you any good?"

"No but also yes. I miss him like crazy it hurts my heart but I have also fell in love with myself again plus I have gotten closer with God".

He sits next to me,"It's good that you miss him so at least you know your feelings for him are real and strong and it's good that you have more love for yourself. Take this, confidence and self worth and self love, make it so strong that even if he breaks your heart-and I'll break his nose if he does but you will still know your worth".

I smile, "I think I'm ready".

Remember to Vote :)