Chapter 23: Follow me Baby

"Aahh this is my shiit", I turn up the volume and flip my hair back.

"If your team is better mine, you really gotta show me

Really gotta beat me, really gotta trash talk, Mistreat me, and send my squad back home

'Cause I don't lose to much, Matter fact, I ain't never lost at all, When I'm playin' Hardball

So, if you on the mound about to pitch to me, Understand I'm like Griffin, I keep 'em to the waaalllll"

Lace who is seated in the back unplugs the aux from my phone and to her's.

"Nah sis I'm in a mood for some T-pain".

We both scream as 'Buy you a drank' comes on. I turn around from the front seat so I can sing with Lace.

"Imma buy you a drank".

"OOOOOEEEEEEE"

"Then I'm a take you home with me"

"I got money in the bank"

"Shawty, what chu think about that? Find me in the gray Cadillac"

"We in the bed like"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Lace grabs my arm, "No Soph it's AAAOOOOO".

I laugh, "A-A-AOOOOO".

Amir pushes lace back in the seat, "I think that's enough put you seat belt on. How about we play a calmer song?"

I narrow my eyes at him, "How about we don't?"

Giovanni takes the aux from Laces hands, "I agree, please turn around mio amore. Try to calm down we're almost home".

I relax in my seat as 'Suga Suga' by Baby bash comes on.

"I though we were gonna get ice cream?"

Gio takes my hand and kisses my finger tips, "Maybe another time when you two aren't tipsy".

I frown, "I only had one glass of wine".

He chuckles, "I guess one was too many, how about a half next time or maybe none?"

"Are you calling me a light weight!"

He gasps, "I wouldn't dare".

Gio pulls into Amir's driveway and we say our goodbye as he caries a sleeping Lace in the house.

Airplane by B.o.B starts to play and I cant help but think back at the nice memories that this song holds.

I look out the window as Giovanni starts to drive, "I wanna fly on an airplane".

"You never have before?"

I shake my head, "I'm saving up for a plane ticket though".

He nods, "Where do you wanna go?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Anywhere".

Giovanni pulls into my apartment complex and turns off the car but keeps his phone on playing music.

I grab his hand before he can skip Uncle Cracker's 'Follow Me'.

"I love this song".

He chuckles, "I wouldn't pin you for the type".

I shrug, "Some black girls like country, I'm just not ashamed about it".

"I was referring to the fact that it talks about adultery".

I laugh, "Ok you got me there".

Sitting facing him, I take his face in my hands, "Follow me and everything is alright, I'll be the one to tuck you in at night, And if you wanna leave I can guarantee you wont find nobody else like me".