Chapter 15: Goodbyes

Giovanni's POV

3 weeks later and Lucia goes back to acting the way she was when I had first arrived here. My conclusions were becoming more and more developed, there was a someone.

A few nights ago I caught her sneaking down to 'get a midnight snack'. I immediately called it bull but not to her face, I need her to think I'm clueless in all of this so I can find out what exactly is going on behind my back.

I take a sip of scotch and run my tongue over my teeth as the drink goes down.

"Hey Lorenzo, has there been anyone coming in the estate that I'm unaware of?"

He shakes his head as he lights up a cigar, "No boss no one has come in that you weren't alerted on".

I nod my head.

It was most definitely someone from within.

"Install cameras on the first floor in the hall where you guys sleep".

Lorenzo looks up at me, "Is everything alright boss?"

I take another sip, "Get that done and dont tell anyone, just between you and I ok".

He nods "I'll do it quietly tonight".

***

5 days pass and I haven't caught any movement. I don't know maybe I was wrong and Lucia is just changing just because, but still I decide to keep the camera rolling for 3 more days.

A week has passed since the Cameras were taken down and I have long since dropped my suspicions of Lucia.

I hug my crying Mother, "I'll be back soon Mama I promise".

She holds me tighter, "Christmas Giovanni, come for Christmas".

I pull her back so she can see my serious eyes,"Then Christmas it is Mama".

Lucia comes down in her cotton nightgown and fluffy pink rabbit house shoes.

She rubs the sleep from her eyes, "Your leaving?"

I crouch down to her 5'3 height, "Yes".

She looks up at me with those sad brown puppy dog eyes, "But you just got here and I haven't seen you in over a year".

I tug on a curl, "Christmas is only 5 months away Lulu, and you can call me whenever you want".

She wraps her thin arms around my neck and I lift her up, carrying her all the way to my car where Mama pulls her off me.

"I love you two", I whisper as I hold them both one last time till months to come.

Remember to Vote :)