8: What Are You Waiting For? Get Out of My Sight, Now!

Turning slightly red with anger, An Xiaoning eyed her husband, who was acting as if nothing had happened at all. She wanted nothing more than to expose his true colors, which were hidden beneath a facade.

Indeed, the ball had already commenced.

The crowd was larger than she had expected.

“I’m hungry,” said An Xiaoning to Jin Qingyan. She reached out to hold his hand.

“Come with me,” he said.

They sat down on a sofa elsewhere, facing a young man who was holding a scantily-clad woman in his arms.

“Fill your stomach with something small first. There will be proper dishes later,” said Jin Qingyan as he handed An Xiaoning a plate of appetizers.

An Xiaoning shoved the appetizers into her mouth incessantly, one after another. She was too hungry to even bother about her image and posture, so much so that even Jin Qingyan could not stand watching her any further.

Pursing his lips, he urged An Xiaoning, “Hey, slow down. If you get yourself too full, how are you going to stomach the main dishes later on?”

“Try this, hubby. It’s delicious!” said an excited An Xiaoning, attempting to feed him.

Jin Qingyan watched in embarrassment as she refused to heed his advice.

Not wanting to chide her in public, he had no choice but to admit defeat and allow her to feed him the appetizer.

Unable to contain his amusement, the young man opposite them let out a burst of boisterous laughter and said, “Young Master Jin, this has got to be your new wife, whom I’ve yet to meet.”

Slowing down, An Xiaoning nodded along with her mouth full. Jin Qingyan quickly handed her a drink with a low alcohol content, afraid that she would choke on her food.

“Hi, I’m An Xiaoning, nice to meet you,” An Xiaoning introduced herself, right after taking a sip of the drink to water down the food in her mouth.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Long Tianze,” greeted Long Tianze. As he did, his almond-shaped eyes wandered about. “We’ll be seeing each other rather frequently in the future. Young Master Jin and I have been friends ever since we were born. There’s nothing about him that I don’t know about, other than you… whom I found out about from the news. I have no clue at all as to how you two met and for how long. Well, looks like you’re really important, for him to conceal your identity for so long, until the day you got married,” he continued.

“That’s true. We’ll be spending the rest of our lives together, so of course he has to respect me,” said An Xiaoning proudly, casting a glance at Long Tianze, overjoyed.

“Hahaha,” Long Tianze chuckled. He found her to be rather likable.

Taken aback by her words, Jin Qingyan thought to himself, Spending the rest of our lives together?

That idea had never once crossed his mind.

“Long time no see, Jin Qingyan,” said a cold, deep male voice. Looking in the direction of where the male voice was coming from, An Xiaoning watched as a man donning a full-white suit eased himself into his seat. He had a pair of long, thin eyes, a pronounced nose bridge coupled with thin and flushed red lips, and he wore an eye-catching blue diamond earstud on his earlobe. He exuded a dominating and fearsome aura.

The lad was exceptionally handsome, but he still dulled in comparison with Jin Qingyan.

Coincidentally, the female partner he had brought along was the same woman who had wanted to speak to Jin Qingyan privately earlier.