No One Is Allowed to Bully Her Except Me

During noontime, Jin Qingyan was basking in the sun while laying on the sun bed in the yard when Fan Shixin approached him with the investigation results.

“According to the investigation, we discovered that Xu Youran grew up overseas and only returned in the recent years. But, she’s unemployed and has been idling at home most of the time. She even got engaged to Gu Dongcheng recently, and they’re about to get married soon.”

Jin Qingyan opened his eyes and asked, “Did you find out why she bears a grudge against us?”

“No.”

“That’s very strange then,” said Jin Qingyan as he sat up straight.

“Young Sir, why do you want to check up on Xu Youran?”

“Nothing. Keep close tabs on Chi Rui’er and Xu Youran at all times and report to me every day. Remember, do not let them find out that you’re watching them.”

“Got it,” Fan Shixin acknowledged with a nod.

Jin Qingyan took a look at the time on his wristwatch and stood up to go back inside the house.

“Alright, I’ll make my way there now,” An Xiaoning said over the phone before ending the call upon seeing that he had entered.

“I need to go out for a while.”

“What for?”

“I have to make a trip back home. My mother said she’s not feeling too well. She went to the hospital for a checkup, but the doctors didn’t find anything wrong with her. She just mentioned that she was feeling exceptionally ill at ease. She’d like me to have a look at her and see if she’s encountered any spirits.”

“Let me send you there.”

“It’s alright. Send the children to school later. I’ll be back very soon,” An Xiaoning refuted.

“Alright, drive safe then.”

An Xiaoning tiptoed to give him a peck on his cheek before hurrying out of the door.

After parking her car outside the entrance of the Gu family mansion, An Xiaoning quickly alighted with her purse in hand.

“You’re back, Missy.” The guard at the door greeted her politely.

“Yes.”

An Xiaoning quickened her pace and strode towards the main door. Just as she took a few steps, she stopped in her tracks all of a sudden and looked towards the south.

Holding her breath, she steered away from her intended route and began walking towards the south slowly.

She arrived at the Gu family ancestral hall.

An Xiaoning took a thorough look inside the hall before making her way back to the living room.

Leaning against the bedhead, Mrs. Gu clutched her chest in extreme discomfort.

At this very moment, she felt as if she was on the brink of death.

“Is Xiaoning home yet?”

The servant quickly strode towards the balcony to take a look before answering, “Madam, Missy is home. She’s walking in now.”

A smile of relief formed on Mrs. Gu’s face as she dismissed the servant, “You may go out first.”

“Yes.”

A minute later, An Xiaoning arrived at the door of Mrs. Gu’s bedroom. “Mother.”

“Xiaoning, I feel a nagging ache in my chest, as if a million needles are piercing right through me. I just went to the hospital for an X-ray and a checkup, but the doctors said I was perfectly fine.”