99: How Rare Is It for You to Still Be So Obsessed with a Withered Willow Like M

——

“Hubby, let’s play a game, shall we?” asked An Xiaoning as she sat cross-legged on the bed.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Roleplay.”

“Sure.”

An Xiaoning began to realize that Chi Rui’er meant less to Jin Qingyan now compared to the past.

She was determined to make her marriage flourish; to make Jin Qingyan love and devote himself to her wholeheartedly. Only then can she completely get rid of the thorn in her flesh that was Chi Rui’er.

Bearing that in mind, she was more motivated than ever to work towards her goals in order to ensure a stable and long-lasting marriage.

Although he had indeed mentioned that he would never divorce her, whether or not they ended up in a divorce had nothing to do with the quality of their relationship.

What she wanted was for them to be truly in love and devoted to each other, not have a marriage that was merely forged for the sake of it.

Even if she does not succeed in the end, she would at least have no regrets, knowing that she had already tried her best and put in every bit of effort she could to salvage it.

“Let’s enact the setting of a great landlord and an innocent maiden, how does that sound?” she asked calmly.

Already knowing what she had up her sleeve, Jin Qingyan answered, “You’d like me to play the great landlord, don’t you? And a dominant and tyrannical one at that.”

“I’m impressed, you’re getting better at guessing my thoughts, Hubby. Come up with the lines yourself, we’ll take this as a little game of fun between us before bedtime every night,” said An Xiaoning as she applauded him.

“Sure,” Jin Qingyan said delightedly, for she had managed to pique his interest. It was his first time engaging in such roleplay, after all. He quickly got into position and placed his foot down onto the heavily carpeted floor, in his socks.

“Let’s begin.”

“Open the door! An Xiaoning, you’d better get out here and open the door!” he ordered sternly, raising his voice.

Pouting her lips, An Xiaoning mimicked the action of opening a door and said with a grimace, “Why are you here again, Nuisance Jin?”

“I’m here… to see you, of course. Here, I got you your favorite snack, it’s delicious,” he answered, continuing to play along and mimic the action of handing her something.

“Hmph, I don’t want it. Get out of here quickly, I don’t wish to see you,” she humphed and cocked her head to the side.

“You women just love to say one thing and mean another. Your body language says it all. Hold this, I bought it especially for you, so just take it, otherwise, I’m going to beat you into a pulp. You hear?” he pretended to threaten her, raising his clenched fist.

Seeing how invested he was in his role, An Xiaoning burst into giggles, unable to contain her laughter.

“Your acting skills are really superb, you ought to receive an international award.”

“Care to act out a bed scene with me?” he said suggestively while leaning closer towards her.

Startled by the sudden change in mood, An Xiaoning replied, “How do we act that out?”

“We’ll do the real thing.”

“Get lost… how is that acting anymore?” she said, her ears blushing red with shyness.