67: You're Worse Than a Dog

Even at this juncture, Chi Rui’er was still refusing to admit to what she had done. “What evidence do you have to say that I was the one who laid a hand on her? I didn’t slit my wrists because I felt guilty, I did it to prove my innocence!” she denied.

Gu Beicheng’s initial gaze of slight gentleness turned into a cold and deadly stare upon hearing her words. Noticing the change in his expression, Chi Rui’er knew it was the first sign of his impending anger. She quickly cocked her head to the side and hollered, “Gu Beicheng, get lost now, I don’t wish to see you!”

He gripped her bandaged wrist forcefully, causing Chi Rui’er immense pain each time he tightened his grip. “Ouch! Let go!” She winced in pain.

“Chi Rui’er, don’t play mind games with me. You should know clearly whether or not you were the one behind the act. Let me warn you right now, if you ever try to get people to lay a hand on An Xiaoning again, I’ll strangle you to death. Just you wait and see.” He shrugged her wrist away forcefully, causing her eyes to tear up in pain. She began to shiver, the sight of the blood-stained bandage sending a cold chill down her spine.

He then closed the door forcefully, startling her once again.

A nurse entered again and hurriedly called for the doctor to replace her bandage, having seen that her wrist had started to bleed again.

Gu Beicheng drove and made his way to Ye Xiaotian’s house.

Just as he arrived at the entrance of the living room, a rotten stench attacked his senses. The room reeked strongly of alcohol, and servants were cleaning up the mess.

“Where’s Xiaotian?”

“Sir has yet to wake up. Please take a seat first, Mr. Gu.”

“Here? But it’s so suffocating,” lamented Gu Beicheng as he pinched his nose and quickly made his way upstairs.

The door of the bedroom was wide open. Thus, he made his way inside and gave Ye Xiaotian a light smack on his face. “Hey, time to wake up.”

Opening his eyes and seeing that it was Gu Beicheng, Ye Xiaotian turned to lie on his stomach as he refused, “I’m very tired.”

“When did you go to sleep?”

“Four o’clock in the morning.”

Having caught a glimpse of a woman next to him in bed, Gu Beicheng asked, “Where’s Mo Li?”

Ye Xiaotian sat upright and took a look at the woman in his bed. At that instant, he suddenly seemed rather energized and no longer sleepy. He sprung up after lifting the blanket and made his way downstairs bare-footed. Startled, Gu Beicheng followed suit.

As Ye Xiaotian entered the basement, he felt his heart sink and went ahead to squat in front of Mo Li, who had passed out from excessive blood loss.

Lost and confused, he quickly carried her and fled the basement. Gu Beicheng inched forward to take a look at the spot on which Mo Li had fainted and discovered a small pail which was filled with bright, red blood.

He turned around and exited the basement, only to see that Ye Xiaotian had put Mo Li on the drip while she lay motionless on the couch, looking pale as a sheet.

“Look after her while I go change into a fresh set of clothes.”

Gu Beicheng nodded and said, “Go ahead.”

Ye Xiaotian headed upstairs and saw that the blonde-haired woman was still asleep in his bed. He put on his clothes and dragged her out of bed by her hair. The pain woke her up, and she hurriedly got dressed and left upon seeing him glare at her coldly.