47: Caught You and Ripped You Off

They were taken away just like that!

Who on earth had she done wrong to!

This time, he finally fell asleep completely. Mei Yangyang was at last able to put a blanket over him. The more she thought about it, the angrier she got. Thinking that he would not want the leftover food, she carried the packet of leftovers and set off.

Reaching home, she lay on her bed but just could not fall asleep.

She made an unconscious gesture of touching her lips. It seemed as if she could still feel his lips on hers - that sizzling feeling of excitement made her doomed to suffer from insomnia that night.

-

The following morning, Mei Yangyang was late to the store by a whole half an hour.

She ran into the store flustered, only to see An Xiaoning already seated inside. She immediately went forward apologetically said, "Sis, I'm sorry, I overslept."

"It's fine. We're not busy in the morning anyway. Have you eaten?"

"No."

"Go to the breakfast shop to eat something. There's no one here anyway. Go on."

Mei Yangyang nodded thankfully. "Okay."

When she returned after eating, An Xiaoning had gone to replenish the stocks, which was a full two hours of journey. Returning from the manufacturer's place, she saw a nanny van parked outside her own store. This van looked extremely familiar to An Xiaoning.

When she looked more carefully, she thought to herself, Isn't that Sun Weiwei's car?

Heading towards her store's entrance, she saw Sun Weiwei and her assistant picking out clothes as soon as she reached the doorway.

Seeing her, the both of them were in disbelief for a moment. But when Mei Yangyang called out to her sister, the two who were hesitant to acknowledge her immediately changed their faces.

Sun Weiwei's eyes narrowed. "You are An Ning?"

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Sun. I am An Xiaoning."

Sun Weiwei did not speak. She whipped out her phone and started looking for something. Reading her face, An Xiaoning could easily tell what she was looking at.

"You're Jin Qingyan's wife?"

An Xiaoning flashed a radiant smile at her. "Yes, why?"

Sun Weiwei's face burned in embarrassment. She stuttered, "Why... why did you join the set..."

Looking at her face, which had turned as pale as a sheet, An Xiaoning knew what she was afraid of. After all, doing drugs was not a small thing, and what she did to her was not a small matter either.

"To experience life, why not? Oh right, I forgot to tell you - this is my store. Take a look at our clothes, they are all new designs." She spoke in an appropriate manner, like she had not suffered under the hands of Sun Weiwei on-set and like nothing had happened between the two at all.

Sun Weiwei was already in a state of bewilderment at this point. She only nodded her head, muttering, "Of course, I need to take a look, naturally."

An Xiaoning plastered a smile on her face and spoke eloquently, "See which one you fancy, you can try them on."

She pointed to one at random. It looked as if she had not recovered from the surprise. Seeing her serious state of shock, Mei Yangyang was unusually happy about it. She swiftly took out the clothes rail to get the piece of clothing for her.