Making Up for Our Missed Honeymoon Trip

An Xiaoning could sense from his tone that he was utterly disappointed.

Thus, she said with a smirk, “Well, but I’m not going to refund you the money that had been meant to cover the expenses of the honeymoon trip, which you’ve transferred to my bank account previously.”

“I’m not going to make you return it, money face,” he replied, giving her a pinch on her nose.

“Sure, since it’ll be a free trip for me, why not? Hmm, where would you like to visit?”

“I should be asking you that. Is there anywhere you’d like to go?”

“I’d like to go somewhere warmer, it’s too cold here.”

“Alright, I got it. Aren’t you going out? Hurry along, quick,” he said with a smile.

She nodded and proceeded to the garage to get her car. “Has Chi Rui’er left?” she asked Fan Shixin as she approached the gate.

“Yes, she has already left. Young Sir has said some relentless things to her, and he also mentioned that he would be staying out of her life from now on,” Fan Shixin blurted.

An Xiaoning was slightly surprised by what she had just heard, for she did not expect things to come to this, especially since he had once loved Chi Rui’er so dearly. It was no wonder that he had asked her to go on a honeymoon trip. Could it be that he wanted to take his mind off things? she thought to herself.

An Xiaoning felt that everything that had happened was worthwhile, for it had allowed him to finally see Chi Rui’er’s true colors.

“Alright. It’s been hard on you, Chief Fan.”

“Not at all, it’s only part of my duty. Drive safe, Young Madam,” said Fan Shixin, retreating backwards.

“Okay.”

An Xiaoning drove out through the gate. She turned the music on in the car and began driving merrily, perhaps because she was in high spirits.

An Xiaoning felt a strong urge to give Chi Rui’er another tight slap across her face at the thought of the misdeeds the latter had committed. What a wretched troublemaker indeed.

“Have you guys had your breakfast?” asked An Xiaoning upon arriving at the store.

“Not yet.”

“What would you like to eat? I’ll go buy it for you,” said An Xiaoning, putting down her bag and getting ready to leave.

“I’ll go instead. Have a seat, Sis Xiaoning, you just arrived,” Zhang Li quickly interjected.

“Alright, go ahead,” An Xiaoning agreed as she handed her some money.

After Zhang Li left, Xu Jingwen handed the accounts book and sales profits to An Xiaoning. “Sis Xiaoning, here’s yesterday’s makings.”

“Okay,” said An Xiaoning, who began flipping through the pages and scrutinizing the content.

“Um… Sis Xiaoning, is Sis Yangyang going to be absent today?” asked Xu Jingwen, standing beside her.

“She won’t be coming today, she’s still busy with her own matters.” An Xiaoning looked up at her and continued, “Do you and Zhang Li need extra help?”

“No, we can handle everything by ourselves perfectly. A man was here to pick Sis Yangyang up when she left yesterday, is he her boyfriend?” Xu Jingwen asked smilingly.

After a moment of silence, An Xiaoning answered chuckling, “He’s not her boyfriend yet, but he will be, soon enough.”

“Soon enough?”