60: Sin

Everyone sat on the couch in the living room, where An Xiaoning and Jin Qingyan’s wedding photos were hanging from the wall. Gu Beicheng began to feel a strange sense of sadness and uneasiness as he stared at the photo of her.

At that very moment, Jin Qingyue appeared at the door all of a sudden. “Mother, I called you so many times, why didn’t you answer?” asked Jin Qingyue upon the sight of the crowd.

“Your Sister-in-law had met with a mishap, do I look like I’m in the mood for any trivial matter of yours? We’re yet to know if your Sister-in-law is dead or alive, so don’t bother me with your nonsense,” Mrs. Jin chided bluntly.

Jin Qingyue let out a disgruntled humph and turned around to leave.

With an umbrella in hand, she hopped into the car and said to Shi Shaochuan, who was in the driver’s seat, “See, I knew my parents would be here. They wouldn’t bother about us tonight, let’s go.”

Shi Shaochuan was in high spirits and gloated in joy, “See that? This is An Xiaoning’s retribution for having done so much evil. She deserves every bit of it.”

“That’s enough, she’s already in such a sorry plight, there’s no point in criticizing her anymore. Even if she manages to escape unscathed, it’s only a matter of time before she and my brother end up in a divorce. Because she’s not the one my brother loves. Why is it constantly pouring today? It hasn’t stopped even now. How annoying,” lamented Jin Qingyue as she leaned back against the headrest.

“It’s the coldest when it rains in winter, much colder than snow. Are you feeling chilly?” he asked, one hand on the steering wheel and another on her thigh, which was covered in her stockings.

“I’m best at tolerating the cold. Besides, can’t you see how many layers of clothes I’m wearing? I even have boots on, I won’t get cold like this.” All of a sudden, an idea popped up in Jin Qingyue’s mind and she suggested, “Let’s go to your place.”

“Let’s go to a hotel instead. A hotel is much more convenient compared to my house. At least in a hotel, we can be as loud as we want.”

Jin Qingyue gave him a smack on his arm and said, “You’re naughty. But I’ve just changed my mind. Or could it be that you’re hiding a woman in your house and you don’t want me to find out?”

“Of course not. Fine, my place it is,” Shi Shaochuan casually agreed.

They then drove along the roads towards his house, cooing and flirting with each other as if smitten the entire journey.

After making one last turn, they finally arrived at the door of his home.

Shi Shaochuan was greeted with the sudden sight of Wang Fangfang, who was standing with an umbrella in hand, as the car headlights shone brightly at her face. Shi Shaochuan was not expecting Wang Fangfang to remain rooted at that same spot for hours, despite the heavy storm.

There was no way he could allow Jin Qingyue to find out that Wang Fangfang was carrying his child. If she did, he would then be exposed for lying about An Xiaoning plotting a scheme and getting Wang Fangfang to ask him out on purpose.

The quick-witted Shi Shaochuan was immediately reminded of the fact that Wang Fangfang was insistent on keeping the child and marrying him. At the thought of her clinging onto him like a leech, he decided to go all out and stepped on the accelerator pedal, as hard as he could.

Jin Qingyue’s jaw dropped in shock as the car accelerated quickly all of a sudden. Before she could even react, a figure appeared before her, which flew into the air after the car collided with it. The umbrella then landed on a spot not too far away.