50: Are You Trying to Murder Your Husband?

Jin Qingyan looked down. “You still have no sense of security even though our house is rich enough.”

“But — our house’s money belongs to you and the whole of the Jin family, it’s not mine. Most people probably think that as Mrs. Jin, I should be used to having money, but they’re all wrong. Those who know me will know, regardless of the amount of money, it won’t be too much to me.”

Jin Qingyan’s fingers were in hers, gently rubbing at her smooth skin. An Xiaoning raised her head and the two passionately cuddled together.

As their bodies pressed closer, the atmosphere gradually became heated.

“Babylifewasgoodtomebutyoujustmadeitbetternull, Ilovethewayitstandbymethroughanykindofweathernull…” His handphone ringtone suddenly broke out at this untimely moment.

Jin Qingyan did not answer it. He allowed his phone to continue ringing, and the ringtone continued to chime over and over again.

After the fourth ring, he stopped whatever he was doing because the only person who had the patience to ring him for so long was Chi Rui’er. The people around him usually rang once or twice before giving up, including his parents and relatives.

His hand reached out and, taking a look at the phone screen, he saw that it was indeed Chi Rui’er calling.

He sat up and answered it. “Hello.”

On the other end came Chi Rui’er’s weak and feeble voice, “Qingyan, I’m having a fever.”

“I’ll give my family doctor a call so he could check on you.”

“Ahem, ahem… can you come over? If it’s too much trouble, then it’s fine.” Chi Rui’er coughed repeatedly. Her voice was hoarse and her breathing was heavy. It seemed like she was in terrible discomfort.

“I’ll go over right now.” His spirits immediately dampened, he pushed back the covers and got out.

An Xiaoning tightened her grip on the blanket. She looked over at him and said, “I’ll come with you.”

“No — you sleep first. I’ll be back in a jiffy.” He put on his coat last in an orderly manner. Maybe in consideration of her status, he turned and reached out to hold her face. Giving it a little peck, he said soothingly, “I’ll be back real quick.”

An Xiaoning grunted, “You better be back soon, or else…”

“Or else what?”

“I’ll use a different method to make you get it!”

“Alright…” He kept his smile and headed out.

He arrived at Wei Ni Estate. Just then, the doctor came out from Chi Rui’er’s room and reported, “Young Master, because the fever is quite high, I’ve put her on a drip.”

“Hmmm, alright, noted.”

He pushed the door open. Chi Rui’er was leaning on the bed to rest. She had one hand hanging onto a drip and the other held a cup of milk. Seeing him enter, she looked at him with a pitiful look and said, “Qingyan, I’m feeling so unwell.”

“Aren’t you on a drip? You’ll get better soon. Why did you get a fever?”

“I fell asleep while bathing.” She placed the glass of milk on the table and continued, “The bathroom temperature was too low — you should know, I have a weak constitution. Were you in bed already?”

“Ummm, I just lay down when your call came.”

“If I knew, I wouldn’t have called you. But I’ve no one to speak to. I’m so lonely.” Chi Rui’er’s eyes were brimming with sadness. “Qingyan, how much longer may I live here?”