95: Playing a Malicious Prank on Chi Rui'er

“Oh, Ms. Chi, you flatter me. I’m nowhere near as capable as you when it comes to harming others. You’re obviously a scheming and malicious one, yet you still hide behind the facade of an innocent and pure dainty little lady.”

“An Xiaoning, you should know very well who the scheming one is between us two. I may appear sly and cunning on the surface, but in reality, you’re far worse than I am.”

“You’re free to say whatever you want, it’s all up to you to do anything you wish. It’s a shame my beloved Maomao has already taken a dump this morning, otherwise, I would’ve definitely left some for you. I know you’d love it for sure,” An Xiaoning said sneeringly, with a grin.

Seeing how infuriated Chi Rui’er had gotten, An Xiaoning continued to rub it in, “Since you’re having lunch here today, I’ll order the kitchen to prepare a sumptuous feast especially for you.”

Chi Rui’er was filled with fury as she watched An Xiaoning leave. Darn it! she thought to herself.

She began to regret not killing An Xiaoning earlier. She would not have had to suffer such humiliation if the latter had died.

As noon approached, Fan Shixin gave Jin Qingyan a call to inform him that they had already nabbed the culprit and locked him up.

Jin Qingyan then ordered him to proceed with interrogations, which will carry on after lunch should the culprit choose not to speak up.

Lunch that day consisted of a splendid spread of delicacies and staple dishes such as fermented beancurd with chili sauce.

Jin Qingyan observed An Xiaoning’s expressions, only to realize that she had been surprisingly calm throughout, with no signs of anger or animosity towards Chi Rui’er at all.

He began to wonder just what she was thinking.

“Ms. Chi, please do enjoy your lunch here at our home. You’re absolutely welcome, since you’re my husband’s friend. Don’t stand on ceremony with us,” said An Xiaoning.

As much as she detested how pretentious An Xiaoning was, and even while cursing her in her head, Chi Rui’er continued putting up a front and answered, “I don’t ever stand on ceremony whenever I’m at Qingyan’s place. In fact, I often make myself at home.”

With a squint, An Xiaoning picked up her chopsticks and began eating.

“This meat smells delicious,” said Chi Rui’er as she picked up a piece of meat from a plate of dish in the middle of the table with her chopsticks. She savored the meat delightedly, as if it was her first time tasting it.

Ignoring her reply, An Xiaoning remained calm and composed while watching her enjoy the food.

Jin Qingyan took a look at the dish and was just as puzzled as to what it was. Thus, he asked Auntie Chen, “What meat is that?”

Seeming to be a little ill at ease, Auntie Chen glanced towards An Xiaoning before answering, “It’s some meat Young Madam had received from an unknown person. Young Madam had instructed me to prepare a dish with it before it turns stale, since Ms. Chi has come for lunch too.”

At that instant, Jin Qingyan retracted his chopsticks as soon as he realized that it was a dish made out of the dead rats…

His appetite was ruined at the thought of it.

He stared at An Xiaoning in disbelief. She then picked up some food and placed it onto his plate while grinning, “Have this, Hubby.”

Jin Qingyan continued to stare in astonishment at Chi Rui’er, who had been helping herself nonstop to the rat meat. He was driven into a dilemma, unable to decide if he should stop her.