98: Gently Caressing Her Brows with His Fingers

She began to feel more and more worried with each passing minute.

Chi Rui’er took a look at the time and realized it was 8 o’clock in the evening.

The pharmacy was still open.

She sprung out of bed, hurriedly put on her feathered coat, grabbed her wallet, and sped out of the house, not even realizing that she did not change out of her slippers.

Chi Rui’er reached into her pocket for a mask which she quickly put on, in fear of being recognized. She then proceeded to a pharmacy nearby and bought five pregnancy test kits.

She quickly scurried off to a shopping mall round the corner to carry out the test in the washroom.

Her hands began to tremble in fear as she sat atop the toilet bowl.

As soon as she dipped the pregnancy test kit inside her urine, the indicator began to turn red rapidly. Her heart began to palpitate vigorously as she waited for the results.

Shortly after, two red, vertical lines appeared on the indicator.

Knowing exactly what the results meant, Chi Rui’er almost fainted, unable to process the information.

Refusing to believe her fate, she repeated the test again with the four other kits she had bought, in hopes that the one she had just used was faulty. Alas, it was proven that all five were accurate, for they had shown the same results.

Disposing the cup of urine into the rubbish bin, Chi Rui’er turned as pale as a sheet, unable to think straight.

She was pregnant. Again!

She knew clearly who the father of her child was.

It was definitely not the right time for a child, especially since she was down and out.

Chi Rui’er stared blankly at the ground as she fell into a deep trance of thoughts.

——

Sun Weiwei’s nanny van pulled up in front of Ye Xiaotian’s home in Ming Yuan Estate.

Dressed to the nines, she alighted from the van with her bag slung over her shoulder and stepped forward to knock on the door.

“Miss Sun?” a servant answered the door.

“Is Brother Xiaotian in?”

“No. Young Sir has left this morning for a business trip. He’ll only be returning in a few days.”

A look of disappointment formed on Sun Weiwei’s face. She had dressed up for nothing. “Where did he go?” she asked.

“I’m not too sure about that. Young Sir has never had the habit of informing us about his whereabouts,” the servant answered.

“Got it.” Sun Weiwei returned to the nanny van. “He’s away for a business trip,” she said with much frustration as she tugged at the scarf on her neck forcefully and flung it onto the seat.

“It’s okay, Sis Weiwei, you’ve got plenty of time in the future. Just execute your plan when Mr. Ye returns from his trip,” her assistant reassured her.

“That’s all I can do.”

At the time, Ye Xiaotian, whom Sun Weiwei had been missing dearly, was seated alone in a carnival organized by a tycoon in Y Nation.

Everyone at the carnival was having a whale of a time while disguised in a plethora of masks which covered their faces entirely.

Yet, he was the only one sitting alone, clad in a devil mask and holding up a glass of blue liquor, with his eyes fixed on a figure some distance away.