Flustered Out of Nowhere

“I’m fine, I just had a sudden premonition that something ominous is about to happen. Hence, I won’t be coming in today, and I’ll see how things go before deciding if I’ll come tomorrow. But I’ll still keep tabs on this case, we’ll discuss it over the video conference later.”

“Alright,” Ma Jianguo acknowledged with a nod.

Clutching her palpitating chest, An Xiaoning grabbed her purse and hurried home.

She felt a huge sense of relief as soon as she arrived home, though she was unsure if it was just a placebo effect.

“Young Madam, didn’t you go to the police station?” Auntie Chen asked while pouring her a cup of red date tea.

“I’ve decided not to go today. I got an ominous feeling all of a sudden, so I’ll be staying home today.” After a moment of hesitation, An Xiaoning continued, “Auntie Chen, please get Chief Fan to come see me in my room, I have something to tell him.”

“Alright.”

An Xiaoning sat down on her bed and opened her laptop. She logged into her account and added the accounts of Ma Jianguo, Zu Dong, and Gong Le.

She then set up a group chat and began a video conference call.

After reading the girl’s birth characters, An Xiaoning said, “As stated in the autopsy report, she had indeed drowned to death. Let’s make a trip down to the place she had stayed in tomorrow. We’ll see if her spirit is still around. If it isn’t, then it would really be a tall order to crack this case. After all, the best way to crack a case is to hear the truth straight from the horse’s mouth.”

“Sure, we’ll go with your plan. Let’s find out the location of the place she had stayed in at the time.”

“Alright.”

An Xiaoning then ended the video call, after which Fan Shixin entered her room. “Young Madam, I heard you were looking for me?”

“Yes. No matter who comes to look for me today, don’t inform me of their arrival and make sure I don’t see them at all.”

“Got it. But, Young Madam, why did you instruct me to do so?”

“I just had a feeling something bad would happen today. I’m experiencing the exact same feeling I did during the mishap involving Chi Rui’er previously. I’m suddenly feeling flustered out of nowhere. Whatever it is, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Alright, you may take your leave.”

“Yes.”

Fan Shixin relayed An Xiaoning’s instruction to his underlings and called for security to be tightened around the entire residence.

Having remained at home the entire day, An Xiaoning began to feel a little more at ease, although the ominous feeling had yet to go away.

It was past eight o’clock in the evening when Jin Qingyue turned up at An Xiaoning’s home again.

Fan Shixin abided by An Xiaoning’s instruction and refused to allow Jin Qingyue to enter.

“Sorry, Missy, Young Madam has ordered us not to allow anyone to enter the house today, whoever it may be.”

“She must really be something to be able to foresee that someone would come forth to see her today. What a lame excuse. I have to see her now for an urgent matter,” Jin Qingyue said, sneering.

“In that case, please come by again tomorrow morning instead.”

“Fan Shixin, how dare you try and stop me! I have something to ask her in private, get lost,” Jin Qingyue exclaimed, glowering at him.