Do You Want Your Husband to Help You Fall Asleep Easier?

Jin Qingyan put on the thumb ring, and only then could he could see the pattern on it clearly. “I thought it was a snake, but the pattern on it is actually a dragon. You said it’s the lifeline of our family, what use does it have?”

Mr. Jin coughed lightly. “I’m not sure about what it does specifically either, because I’ve worn it for so many years and haven’t found anything special about it. Your grandfather said it hadn’t been made for me. Even if it doesn’t have any obvious effects, keep it on. Don’t take it off.”

Jin Qingyan was about to remove it and wear it only after he got home when he suddenly realized that the ring was stuck on his thumb and could not be removed.

“Father, I can’t take it off anymore.”

Mr. Jin was dumbfounded and immediately stood up to check. “But that’s impossible. It’s been on my hand for so long, but this never happened to me before.”

“Look…” He reached out his hand. Mr. and Mrs. Jin, as well as old Mrs. Jin, crowded around him and couldn’t take their eyes off his hand. Mr. Jin took his hand and, no matter how he pulled, the ring really could not be removed anymore.

“It seems I’ve been wearing this ring in vain for so many years. When you wore it, its effect took place. Don’t worry, when you grow older and reach the time to pass it down to your successor, you’ll naturally be able to remove it.”

“That’s interesting. Where did our ancestors find such a thing?” No matter how Jin Qingyan looked at it, he disliked the color of the piece of jade.

“How would I know?” Mr. Jin turned and returned to his room.

“Qingyan…” old Mrs. Jin said with a grin. “This is a magical item, I feel that it’ll help you a lot in the future.”

“It’s just a piece of jade, how would it help me? But I know — I shouldn’t belittle it. Even if I don’t believe in its uses, I should maintain respect towards it.”

Old Mrs. Jin nodded. “You should really give me a grandson soon. You’re already married. If not now, when will you have children?”

Not again…

“Grandmother, I’ll leave first. I still need to go to the office.” He hurriedly got up and left.

“That little bastard. He sneaks off when I start talking to him about serious things.” Old Mrs. Jin cursed at his figure.

Mrs. Jin broke into an amused laughter. “Mother, they’ve just been married for a few months. You’re being too anxious, let them have some time together on their own first.”

“As you get older, you’ll feel like seeing vibrant, energetic children.” At this, old Mrs. Jin reminded her, “In about two more months, Qingyue is getting married. Aren’t you going to prepare her dowry?”

“I’ve given her the betrothal gifts from her in-laws already, I’ll just buy some stuff to add onto her dowry when the time comes. There’s already nothing else that’s needed.”

Old Mrs. Jin sighed. “This Qingyue, why is she so different from Qingyan? Did she lose her brain or something?”

Mrs. Jin nodded sulkily.

Wearing the ring passed down from his ancestors, Jin Qingyan had a dream that night. In his dream, he was flying on and on and could not stop no matter how much he wanted to. It was eventually An Xiaoning who shook him awake. He woke up in a cold sweat, and his body felt weak. He drank a cup of tea in one mouthful and finally felt slightly more at ease.

“Did you have a nightmare?”

“Umm. I think it’s because of this.” He began explaining the origin of the thumb ring to An Xiaoning.