The Truth Is Finally Out

It was such a simple case, yet, for eight whole years, there had been no investigations carried out to uncover the truth.

The culprit had been allowed to remain unpunished by the law.

Tears began to well up in An Xiaoning’s eyes upon witnessing such a tragic event.

“Let’s go and arrest the bad guy together, shall we?” she asked as she stood up.

“But I’m scared…”

“Don’t be, I’ll be here with you, so will Big Brother and Grandpa.”

As soon as she finished speaking, Ma Jianguo protested, “Team leader, why am I addressed as ‘Grandpa’!?!”

“I can’t help it, you look too old,” An Xiaoning answered with a chuckle.

“Hey, that’s a personal attack!” Ma Jianguo hissed.

“Take all the items on the table, quick. We’re leaving,” An Xiaoning instructed as she opened the door and strode out, holding an umbrella in her hand.

They then drove towards Jiang Shui’s house. The male victim’s parents were rather puzzled to hear that they had requested to visit their eldest daughter’s home but proceeded to show them the way nonetheless.

Since it was still the festive season, the victim, Jiang Ying’s sister and brother-in-law were both at home.

Upon their arrival, Jiang Ying’s sister, Jiang Xin questioned, “You guys are…”

“We’re from the Special Crime Investigation Unit of the Police Headquarters. We’re here today to inquire about the details of the murders of your sister, her husband, and her daughter,” An Xiaoning explained.

“Please, have a seat. Feel free to pose any questions you may have,” said Jiang Xin as she poured them a glass of water each.

“I suppose this is your husband?” asked An Xiaoning as she glared at the middle-aged man who was the same one in the photo.

“Yes.”

After a moment of silence, An Xiaoning continued, “May I ask you a few questions?”

“Go ahead,” the man answered, remaining unfazed.

“You two are the biological sister and brother-in-law of the victims, respectively. May I know if you shared a close relationship with them? Or were you guys unable to get along well and had a strained relationship with each other? Or were you guys just distant?”

“We didn’t get along too well, but the differences we had doesn’t really matter since we’re relatives, after all.”

With a nod, An Xiaoning continued, “Their daughter, Jiang Shui, is your niece right? May I ask why you removed her pants? As a father and uncle, you shouldn’t be doing that.”

“Removed her pants? I didn’t. I really didn’t,” he quickly denied, as if he was being wronged.

Having already expected him to react that way, An Xiaoning had hatched a plan before arriving. Jiang Shui had remained in the police car, which was why An Xiaoning could speak her mind freely without having to worry about reminding Jiang Shui of her unhappy past.

“Wu Dayong, do you know how I found out about your misdeed? It was Jiang Shui who told us that you removed her pants, and her mother had caught you in the act,” An Xiaoning said with a squint.

Unable to tolerate what she was hearing, Jiang Xin screeched, “Bullshit, that’s ridiculous. It has already been eight years since Jiang Shui died, how could she have possibly told you that!”