The Secret About the Past 7

“I’m on leave today, so I came back.” An Xiaoning tried to keep her tone normal, but her expression had already betrayed her. She could not bring herself to smile at all.

Jin Qingyan looked at her, then turned to Fan Shixin, who was standing by the door. “Bring the agreement.”

An Xiaoning’s heart sank.

“What agreement?”

“You’ll know when you see it.” His tone was icy cold, as if the woman seated opposite him was not the woman he loved most but an ordinary person, a mere stranger.

An Xiaoning stared at him anxiously. “Qingyan, we can talk things out clearly. I’ve never done you any wrong.”

“Really?” His tone was overflowing with sarcasm.

“Yes.”

An Xiaoning’s eyes watered as she spoke. “I thought that in this world, anyone can misunderstand me but you. You love me so much that you definitely won’t misunderstand me. I thought you were the one who understands me most in this world — my character, my principles, my values, and who I am as a person. But it turns out, you’re not. You aren’t even willing to listen to the explanation of the truth that I want to tell you and came to such a conclusion by yourself. Qingyan, you’re not only being irresponsible to yourself but to me as well!”

“Don’t you think your explanation is too weak?”

He spoke as if all the evil forces in him were acting up. “If I didn’t see and hear it myself, how long more were you going to deceive me? You think I wouldn’t hear about you and Tuoba Gucheng living in one room? What do you treat me as? Am I so cheap as to love a woman like you who deserves to die?!”

An Xiaoning choked on her tears as she cried out, “But… it isn’t like that. Nothing happened between us, he’s just my half-brother. The child was yours. I only shared a room with him because I was possessed by his favorite dog’s spirit during the fifteenth day of the seventh lunar month. Why won’t you believe me?”

“That’s just it. Because he’s your half-brother, the fact that both of you actually… actually slept together makes me disgusted. I don’t believe a man and a woman can sleep in one room without anything happening when he said something like that to you.”

Fan Shixin entered and placed the agreement on the table.

It was evident that the agreement had been prepared in advance.

An Xiaoning gazed at the words printed on the piece of paper.

She suddenly felt that she would never be able to clear her name.

Getting up, she went around the coffee table and sat beside him. As she was about to wrap her arms around his arm, he pushed her away.

Alarmed, An Xiaoning whimpered, “Qingyan…”

“Take a look at the agreement and sign it as soon as possible.”

An Xiaoning felt like she was given a good slap in the face. She picked up the agreement.

As she browsed through the contents, she felt like her heart was being pierced through by a knife.

The child’s custody would go to him.

She was not allowed to visit at all in the future.

She would also not get a single asset of his, but her assets will still remain hers.

She was also to report about the divorce to the media.

To her, every single term listed was fatal.