About to Get Married

"Father, how about the 18th of February next year, let's fix it on this date."

"This is the nearest date, how about June the 6th," Mrs. Jin suggested.

"It's too hot in June, let's just make it February 18th." Jin Qingyue was bent on making it this date.

Mr. and Mrs. Jin exchanged looks and had no choice but to respect her decision.

The marriage was fixed just like that, and they were to wait until February 18th for the wedding to be held.

After the Shi family left, Mrs. Jin kept silent while Mr. Jin sat there smoking quietly.

The radiant joy on Jin Qingyue's face also vanished. Looking at how her parents were acting, she sat opposite them and said, "Mother, Father, I chose this. I won't regret it, even if we are unable to stay together until we're old. I won't blame anyone either."

"Now I finally understand the significance of reading one's fortune." Mrs. Jin continued slowly, "Even if one knows what'll happen in the future, one will think that they can overcome the will of God, and this allows whatever that is predestined to happen to be verified even more completely."

Jin Qingyue did not speak for a moment, then she responded, "Mother, please stop saying these words. Your daughter is about to get married soon, you should take this time to prepare my dowry for me and let me get married off well and grandly."

"What dowry, you can have this bridal payment and gifts. Bring them all back, they'll be your dowry. I'll just prepare a few blankets and clothes for you as well."

"Alright." Jin Qingyue looked at the cheque in her hand, her heart bursting with joy.

Compared to this side, the atmosphere in the car when the Shi family was going home was equally unpleasant.

"Look at that haughty attitude Qingyue's mother had just now, like her daughter would be extremely aggrieved when she marries our Shaochuan. It's her only daughter, but I only have this one son too! Just count the amount of money we're spending for this marriage. Everything must be the best. When An Xiaoning married into our family, how little did it cost. Well, look now, the bridal gifts and payment are already ten times the amount we previously spent!" Mrs. Shi was obviously not very fond of Jin Qingyue. Her tone was poles apart from when she was at the Jin family.

Mr. Shi frowned. "Alright, the date has already been set. There's no need to say all these. Moreover, when Qingyue marries into our family, it'll naturally benefit our family a lot. The Jin family themselves are such an established household, we can't compare to them, of course. Our in-law must have said that because of dissatisfaction over all the things Shaochuan has done. Not to forget, given Xiaoning's relationship to our family, it's already lucky that they agreed to the marriage. We shouldn't complain."

"Since there's no one else here, Shaochuan, Mother will just say this straight-up: the temper that this daughter from the Jin family has is not ordinary. Her temperament is different from that of An Xiaoning's. If you marry her, you can't play around outside anymore, got that?"

"Yes, I know," Shi Shaochuan replied. "Mother, this is my second marriage, and her family is more prestigious than ours. She'll be marrying someone beneath her, how could I still play around outside after I marry her?"

"Umm, that's good."

-

When the news of Jin Qingyue's marriage was passed on to Jin Qingyan, he only asked when the date was and nothing else, then he ended the call.

"What about February 18th?" Long Tianze asked as he raised his glass while leaning against the bar counter.

"The date of Qingyue's marriage."