Utterly Shameless

Just as she was about to fall asleep, An Xiaoning received a call from Mei Yangyang, who called to inform her that she had officially become Long Tianze’s girlfriend.

Feeling happy for her, An Xiaoning advised her to get along well with him and avoid overthinking matters.

An Xiaoning heaved a sigh of joy, a smile forming on her face after she ended the call. It was great news, indeed.

Having gone to bed early, An Xiaoning woke up in the morning to find that it had been snowing heavily, evident from the snow-covered trees and buildings outside. Needless to say, the snow on the ground must have frozen as well.

Afraid of the cold, An Xiaoning put on a feathered coat and headed downstairs for breakfast, after which she decided to walk to the police station instead of driving.

It would be rather dangerous to drive on the snow-covered roads, given how slippery it was. Besides, there was no harm in getting some exercise by taking a stroll.

As soon as she exited the door, she stumbled upon Jin Qingyue, who was holding onto Shi Shaochuan’s arm as they slowly made their way in.

From the looks of it, they were here for a visit.

“Is my brother in?”

Shaking her head, An Xiaoning answered, “No, he’s gone overseas.”

“Oh, I see,” said Jin Qingyue, a tinge of disappointment in her voice. She then turned to look at Shi Shaochuan and said, “It seems we can only wait for my brother to return.”

“Sure.” Shi Shaochuan did not look at her and, instead, glared at An Xiaoning as he warned sternly, “Let me warn you, you’d better stay out of my family’s matters in the future. Stay in your lane and mind your own business.”

“Shi Shaochuan, you’re really being too obnoxious. Let’s just hope you don’t come begging me for help on your knees in the future,” An Xiaoning said sneeringly.

Just as she was about to leave after finishing her sentence, Shi Shaochuan turned around and yelled at her, “Why would I ever go on my knees to beg for your help? An Xiaoning, who do you think you are? I’ve already gotten someone to perform a ritual for Wang Fangfang, the kind that ensures she’ll never reincarnate and that her soul would be destroyed.”

“What!?!” An Xiaoning gasped in astonishment, the shock robbing her of her speech. She had no words to describe how horrible he was. “Shi Shaochuan, you were the one who killed her and the child she was carrying. You wanted her dead when she was alive. Now that she’s already dead, you actually got someone to perform such a ritual to destroy her soul, causing her to never have the chance to reincarnate. Not only do you not feel a tinge of remorse for what you did, you’ve even resorted to such ruthless means. Shi Shaochuan, you’re truly an imbecile. By the way, did you really think those rituals would actually work?” she continued.

“Just you wait and see. You’ll know if it works or not in the meantime.”

“Sure, I’ll do just that.” An Xiaoning glanced at the two of them condescendingly and said, “They often say, the onlookers see most of the game while the players are baffled. However, I think you’re not in the least bit baffled at all, Sis-in-law. If he could subject a woman he once toyed with to such ruthless means, I’m very certain he would do it to you too. Shi Shaochuan, you’re bound to bring upon destruction on yourself one day, for the sins you’ve committed. I shall see how you clean up this mess you’ve created.”

She then proceeded to leave after giving them a piece of her mind.

“Let’s leave,” Shi Shaochuan said coldly with a humph.