18: No Playing Cute!

He turned pale as sheet; he raged with anger.

“Who was that man?!” he barked, glaring daggers at her.

“Didn’t you manage to catch a glimpse of his face?”

“Would I have to ask you if I did? We just got married today and your lover is already looking for you?” hollered Jin Qingyan with much hostility.

“Don’t spout nonsense, he’s not my lover.”

“Then who is he? Why did he kiss you? Spill it!” he eagerly urged her for a reply.

With a grunt, An Xiaoning turned around and walked towards the courtyard. There was no way she was going to tell him it was Gu Beicheng. That would make him hit the roof.

Jin Qingyan made his way up the stairs after driving in.

An Xiaoning had gotten ready to shower. However, the enraged Jin Qingyan refused to let her go before he had gotten an answer from her.

“Tell me.”

“There’s nothing to tell you about,” said An Xiaoning fearlessly. “You don’t have the right to ask me about it because you just spent the night with another woman,” she continued.

“I’m asking for the last time. Who is that man? How are you related to him?” said Jin Qingyan coldly.

“There’s nothing between us.”

“You think I’d believe you?” he questioned, pinning her onto the bed.

Not wanting to argue with him any further, An Xiaoning sat up on her own and cooed in a cutesy manner while looking up at him, “I already told you the truth. But what am I supposed to do if you don’t believe me?”

“No playing cute! Then why did he kiss you? I saw it all from afar,” he asked sternly.

“No, you didn’t. He was just leaning in to speak to me.” Seeing that he still refused to believe her, she got on her knees and gazed up at him. With pouty lips, she said, “If you still don’t believe me, you can try smelling if there’s another man’s scent on me.”

“Who is he then?”

“I’m going to shower,” she said, putting one leg out onto the floor. Before she knew it, he grabbed her other leg tightly and dragged her back onto the bed.

“Did I say you could go?” he asked, gritting his teeth in anger.

“Jin Qingyan, you’d better know your limits and not go overboard. You’re the one who doesn’t know your place, running off to take care of Chi Rui’er in the middle of the night. Yet you’re still playing the victim? How atrocious!” retorted An Xiaoning, her smile beginning to fade.

“I’m going overboard? Do you think you can lie to me easily? How dare you make me a cuckold right at our doorstep? Just you wait and see how I”ll punish you!” roared Jin Qingyan.

“You’ve completely wronged me!” cried An Xiaoning as he picked her up and carried her into the bathroom, as if she were an object.

“Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth a hundred times.”

Oh gosh!

Was he out of his twisted mind?

“I’m not going to.”

“You’re not? Then I shall do it for you,” he said, squeezing some toothpaste onto her toothbrush.

He seemed so angry, he might just brush her teeth until her gums bled. Worried, she said, “No, I’ll do it myself.”