Plotting a Scheme

“Sis Weiwei, I’ve asked around, Bai Ranran is currently looking for a bridal store to order her wedding gowns and attire in advance. They’re going to proceed with their wedding photoshoot as soon as Mr. Ye recovers.”

“You’re giving me such useless information. I told you to find out about her health condition, what’s the point of telling me these? You’re really getting on my nerves. Go find out what disease she’s plagued with,” Sun Weiwei ordered sternly, frustration written all over her face.

“It’s impossible to find out about that. Mr. Ye has bribed all the doctors to ensure that they’d keep mum about her condition,” her assistant said softly.

“Are you stupid? Since you can’t get any information out of the doctors, don’t you know how to ask about it from her family?” A sudden idea struck Sun Weiwei’s mind as she continued to speak, “Oh right, Bai Ranran’s brother must be in the know. It should be easy to get something out of that wastrel who’s capable of nothing but vices.”

“Yes, yes, Bai Duocai has even tried to ask you out on a date previously, but I rejected him,” her assistant quickly agreed.

“Contact him right away and tell him that I’d like to treat him to a meal.”

“Got it.”

After finding a way to contact Bai Duocai, the assistant proceeded to give him a call as instructed by Sun Weiwei. Bai Duocai was over the moon upon hearing that Sun Weiwei had wanted to meet him for a meal, and he agreed eagerly.

“I must find out what disease she’s plagued with by tonight. Only then can I plan my next move. It’ll be too late do anything by the time Brother Xiaotian marries her,” said Sun Weiwei.

“I doubt he’ll give it away so easily, unless you get him drunk and try to sound him out. Sis Weiwei, won’t it be a little dangerous for you to go meet him alone?” the assistant asked worriedly.

“I’ll be fine. I know very well how to handle such men.”

By evening, Sun Weiwei had already dolled herself up, in preparation for dinner with Bai Ranran’s biological brother, Bai Duocai. She had on a full face of immaculate makeup and was dressed to the nines, clad in a lace dress with a thigh-high split, stockings, heels, and a long feathered coat.

She entered the private dining room, only to see that Bai Duocai had already arrived. He had put on a substantial amount of weight, which was evident from his especially rounded figure and eyes that had appeared smaller because of his chubbier face. Upon the sight of Sun Weiwei’s arrival, he quickly stood up and greeted, “Oh, you actually showed up, Weiwei. Please, have a seat. My wish to meet you has finally come true. Have you any idea how much I adore you?”

He reached out to hold Sun Weiwei’s hand.

Instead of resisting his touch, Sun Weiwei cracked a smile and said, “Mr. Bai, I only found out recently that you’d wanted to go on a date with me previously but was turned down by my silly assistant. I’m very sorry about that.”

“It’s alright, you didn’t know about it, I don’t blame you. Here, have some liquor, Weiwei. I got it especially for you.”

“Sure,” she said, grinning while pouring them a glass of liquor each. After clinking glasses, she poured the ice-cold liquor into her sleeve instead of drinking it.

Bai Duocai chugged the liquor in one gulp as he tilted his head backwards to make sure he had gotten every last drop. In high spirits, he fervently served Sun Weiwei. “Here, have some of these delicacies.”

“I heard your sister is getting married soon, when would it be your turn?” asked Sun Weiwei as she helped herself to the food with a pair of chopsticks.