A Million Times for You

An Xiaoning did not see him around after exiting the washroom.

Filled with an ominous feeling and uneasiness, she ran toward the entrance and yelled, “Ji Yu!”

There was no response.

She suddenly recalled Jin Qingyan’s words that evening. Could it be…

Just as she was thinking that Jin Qingyan had abducted Ji Yu, a tall and slender figure began walking toward her.

“I saw a store nearby and decided to go there to get you a pair of gloves since you seem rather chilly,” Ji Yu explained, handing her the pair of gloves he had bought.

An Xiaoning was surprised to see how meticulous he was. Staring at the pair of gloves in his hands, she accepted it and thanked him, not wanting to turn down his kind gesture.

“Don’t mention it.”

“It’s getting late. Go back and rest early. I drove here today,” An Xiaoning said while smiling.

“Seems like I won’t have the honor of escorting you home tonight then. Alright, drive safely.”

“You too,” she acknowledged with a nod.

An Xiaoning got inside the car and drove away after starting the engine.

It was almost nine o’clock in the evening.

The breeze was blowing strongly outside. With her hands on the steering wheel and her foot on the accelerator pedal, she continued to drive along the roads, slow and steady.

Not long after, An Xiaoning pulled over at a supermarket.

She entered the supermarket to buy a pack of lady’s cigarettes and a lighter before returning to her car.

An Xiaoning had never smoked a cigarette before in her life. However, she now wanted to have a try at smoking, just to see what it feels like.

She opened the pack of cigarettes, pulled out a slim cigarette, and lit it up with the lighter. A flame was soon ignited on one end of the cigarette, which she held between her fingers.

She wound down the car windows.

Instead of taking a puff immediately, An Xiaoning rested her hand on the window, holding the cigarette outside the car.

After some thought, she decided to take a puff.

Since it was her first time smoking, the smoke infiltrated her senses immediately, greatly taking her by surprise. Not only did she not enjoy her first puff, she actually found it torturous.

She then coughed vigorously out of reflex and only stopped after a long while.

An Xiaoning stared at the cigarette between her fingers and thought to herself — Why do seasoned smokers seem to enjoy smoking so much? Could it be that I’m just not used to it yet since it’s my first time?

She then tried to take another puff, which was significantly more bearable than her first.

Perhaps you just never really needed much technique, to begin with, when it comes to smoking.

When she was halfway through the cigarette, it was flicked away from her hand forcefully before she even noticed. It all happened so quickly that the cigarette was already on the ground by the time she realized who did it.

He was standing next to her car, right by the window, dressing in an all-black suit.

The collar of his coat was wrapped around his neck tightly.