After Such a Long Night

“You may leave now if you don’t wish to film the advertisement. You’re not indispensable,” Long Tianze said sternly, the smile on his face having disappeared.

Taken aback by his words, Song Yan’s face stiffened as she was momentarily at a loss for words. “Well, I have a really tight schedule lined up with jobs, anyway. Since you’ve said that, I guess I’ll be taking a rain check then.”

“Goodbye, I won’t be seeing you out.”

All eyes were on Long Tianze as they stared on in astonishment.

“Give me half an hour,” he said to the crowd nonchalantly.

His secretary quickly chased after him and asked softly, “Mr. Long, the client had specifically requested for Song Yan to be the lead in the advertisement. What are we supposed to do, now that she won’t be filming it anymore?”

“I’ll discuss this with the client,” he said, reaching out to press the elevator button.

“Have you got anyone in mind to replace Song Yan with, Mr. Long?”

“A replacement? How about a fresh face?” Long Tianze suggested as he turned to look at his secretary.

“Are you kidding, Mr. Long? This is an advertisement for a prestigious brand. The spokespersons for their previous advertisements had all been A-listers and top celebrities. I highly doubt that they will agree to using a fresh face for this upcoming one. In fact, they might even terminate the contract with us. We’ve worked with them several times before, we’re definitely going to incur a huge monetary loss if they decide to call the deal off. ”

“I’m more aware of that than you are.” Long Tianze gave it some thought and continued, “But, I do have someone in mind, and I really think we could give her a shot.”

“Who is it?”

“A girl I know.” Whipping his phone out, he said, “Let me call the client to discuss about this.”

Filled with fear and trepidation, the secretary stood beside him quietly, too afraid to even face him. Without a doubt, the client would definitely hit the roof.

As expected, there was stiff tension on Long Tianze’s face throughout the entire duration of the phone call. Meanwhile, the elevator had ascended then descended back and forth repeatedly.

The secretary’s legs had turned jelly from standing for so long.

Finally, Long Tianze ended the call.

“Mr. Long…” the secretary began to ask.

“It’s settled, though they obviously weren’t too convinced that using a fresh face would bring about much attention. However, they’ve decided to give it a shot, on account of our relations with them. Okay, head to the set now while I go look for the female lead for the advertisement,” Long Tianze instructed.

“Got it.”

Mei Yangyang was surprised to see that Long Tianze had shown up again, despite having just left not long ago. “I’ve got something to tell you,” he said before she could even speak.

“Alright,” she agreed and followed him out.

She hopped onto his car and waited for him to break the news to her. Mei Yangyang was taken aback upon hearing that he had intended to cast her as the female lead in the advertisement, feeling both excited yet nervous. “But, I don’t have any experience or knowledge on modelling for advertisements.”

“My question is, are you willing to take on the role?”

With a nod, she answered, “Yes, I am.”