Heart Began to Race

"Mei Yangyang."

"Yes?"

"There's no way you can escape. I'm making you mine, for sure," he said confidently, making her face blush and her heart skip a beat.

"You may try, I'm giving you the opportunity to do so." After taking a look at the time, she said, "It's getting late, you better go home soon. I'm heading back in."

"I'll walk you to your door," said Long Tianze, still holding onto her hand.

"You don't have to... it's only a few steps..."

"But I want to."

Having arrived at her doorstep, Long Tianze watched Mei Yangyang closed the door shut, overwhelmed with happiness.

A minute had passed, yet he still had not left. Mei Yangyang opened the door again and said, "Get home safe, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

She closed the door once again after bidding each other goodbye. Long Tianze turned around and embarked on his walk home, picking up speed in his tracks with each passing minute. All of a sudden, he jumped in joy and let out a cry of euphoria, just like a teeneger head-over-heels in love.

Perhaps it was because they were actually going to begin a serious relationship or, perhaps, it was because he was finally going to let go of his feelings for Jin Qingyue, after all these years.

He was filled with a complicated mix of emotions, feeling excited and happy, yet a little bitter and perplexed, all at the same time.

Having stood behind the door the entire time, Mei Yangyang had heard his loud shriek clearly.

She felt her heart palpitate unusually quickly, almost ricocheting out of her chest, as she laid in bed.

"Sis, what did that man look you up for in the middle night?"

"It's none of your business," said Mei Yangyang as she turned to her side.

"You're really something, aren't you, Sis? You've gotten yourself a boyfriend sneakily. Does Father know about this?"

"He's not my boyfriend, yet. Take a look at yourself before criticizing me. The pot calling the kettle black. I don't feel like talking to you anymore, I'm going to sleep."

However, she was wide awake, preoccupied with what Long Tianze had said earlier.

His words replayed in her head over and over again, like a broken record.

--

Maomao was born male; however, it had gradually grown to appear more and more feminine. In addition, it had even began putting on a great ton of weight, which was something An Xiaoning was guilty about.

"What should I do about this, Maomao? You've gotten so fat and pudgy, it'll be hard to find you a mate in the future," she said worriedly, holding Maomao's paw, which had gotten significantly stubbier.

Basking in the sun on the backyard, Maomao squinted as the rays of sunlight shone onto its face, completely ignoring its owner.

"Maomao, I'm talking to you, stop stuffing yourself with food, you hear?"

Seemingly upset, Maomao got on all fours and walked away, wagging its tail.

It walked away, just like that...

"Hey furball, are you angry? I was just kidding!" An Xiaoning explained profusely, chasing after Maomao.

Upon hearing her words, Maomao stopped in its tracks and began licking her legs affectionately. What a spiritual dog, indeed.