46: A Kiss Taken Away

Mei Yangyang stood at the doorway for some time. It was cramped with people entering and leaving. She did not want to go in alone, but Mei Shuangshuang seemed to be inside. She had no choice but to go in to find out, so she hesitated.

The hoodie behind her shirt suddenly got raised up and Mei Yangyang squealed, startled - she turned to see a pair of cold eyes staring at her.

"Hey, little girl."

"I'm not a little girl, I'm 20 already."

"Wow, you're of age." Long Tianze unclenched his hands and folded them into his pocket. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to find my younger sister, but I don't quite dare go in alone."

"Come in with me." He turned and headed in while Mei Yangyang followed closely behind.

After searching the place once and realizing that Mei Shuangshuang was not inside, she said, "Thank you, Young Master Long."

"I haven't eaten, will you have a meal with me?"

"Huh?"

He continued to stare at her, "Will you?"

Mei Yangyang finally nodded, "Sure."

At this very moment, Mei Shuangshuang's call came in. She answered it, and on the other end was Mei Shuangshuang's shrilly voice, "What did you call me for? You act like you're inspecting me all day, how annoying can you get?"

"Do you think I want to supervise you? Our parents can't take care of you properly, I'm just controlling you abit and you've already become like this. If i didn't, you will probably do worse things."

"Tonight I'm sleeping at a classmate's house, I'm not going back." With that, she ended the call.

Mei Yangyang furiously threw her phone into her pocket. She then followed Long Tianze to a nearby restaurant and the two entered a private room only for themselves.

He ordered many dishes. Although she told him that they won't be able to finish them, he still spared no effort in doing so, even ordering a luxurious brand of wine.

Mei Yangyang could guess that the number of dishes he ordered would probably amount to a huge figure.

He looked like he was in quite a bad mood, yet he urged her, "Look at how skinny you are, eat more."

Mei Yangyang nodded and picked up her chopsticks to eat only the dishes nearest to her. Meanwhile, he ate very little and only kept on drinking.

"Don't just drink, it's harmful for your liver. Eat more." Mei Yangyang picked up more food for him with her chopsticks.

Looking at her appearance, he asked, "Are you still in school?"

"No. I stopped school long ago, and now I'm working at Sister Ning's store."

"What store did she open?"

"A fashion boutique, selling clothes."

Long Tianze nodded. "Looking at your baby face makes me feel that you're very young. Why didn't you continue going to school?"

"My family circumstances didn't allow me to." Mei Yangyang smiled vaguely. "Are you very unhappy?"

"You can see that?"

"It's very obvious..."

He sighed and asked, "How many boyfriends have you had?"

"Oh, I haven't been in love yet, so I haven't had a single relationship before." She ate as she spoke, "A pure and beautiful young girl like me just hasn't found the right man who could catch my eye yet."