What a Willful Little Lass

It was wonderful for her, but not so much for Jin Qingyan.

A woman is exactly what a young man with raging hormones, like him, needs. They’d always had a great sex life ever since they got married. It was only the first day he was away, and yet, she had already sent him such a suggestive and seductive photo of herself. He could not help but feel a strong urge to fly home and get intimate with her right away.

What a willful little lass.

The commercial Mei Yangyang had starred in was widely received after it was broadcasted, and it became viral as netizens fervently searched for her name online.

Mei Yangyang was extremely satisfied with the commercial as well. However, Mei Shuangshuang seemed to be upset over the fact that her sister was now famous. Upon arriving home in the morning after spending a night outside, she sat down at the dining table and began helping herself to the food with a pair of chopsticks. “Great, now that someone has become a commercial star, I’m going to be banished and condemned in this family,” she sneered begrudgingly.

Mr. Mei was speechless at her sarcastic remark and changed the subject instead, “Have you washed your hands? You’re already grown up yet you still lack such basic table manners. Didn’t you see that your sister is still preparing the dishes? You didn’t even bother waiting for her and just started eating once you sat down. What monkey business were you up to last night? You didn’t even come home.”

“Father, would you stop meddling with my business? All you do is ask me about this and that, you’re so annoying.”

“I’m asking you, where did you go last night!?!” Mr. Mei glowered at her angrily, bent on knowing her answer.

“I spent the night at my boyfriend’s place. What’s wrong?” Mei Shuangshuang answered rudely while picking at the dishes. Noticing that she had finished almost all the meat, Mr. Mei moved the plate of dish away from her and hollered angrily, “Why are you so selfish!?! Stop eating!”

“I don’t have a place in this house anymore. I’m completely redundant, aren’t I?” said a disgruntled Mei Shuangshuang as she stood up and returned to her room.

Mei Yangyang happened to overhear their conversation when she exited the kitchen. However, she simply disregarded her sister’s remarks and said instead, “Father, just ignore her.”

“I can’t just ignore her, she’s still my child after all. But, there’s really no way I can take her in hand now,” he said with a sigh and began eating.

Mei Yangyang’s phone rang abruptly and she quickly took a look at the caller display. Seeing that it was An Xiaoning who had called, she answered the call immediately, “Sis.”

“Yangyang, do you have anything on today?”

“No.”

“Great, I need you to help me run an errand later. Yangyang, once you’re done eating, go buy some beautiful clothes and shoes suitable for little girls around the age of five. Oh, do also get some hair accessories like hairbands or hairclips, some children’s snacks, and lastly, remember to buy some joss paper and paper ingots, which are used as offerings for the dead. After you’re done buying everything, please send them to my office at the police station. I’ll be making my way there in a bit, and I need those items urgently,” An Xiaoning instructed.

“Sure, Sis, I’ll do as you instructed after I’m done with my meal.”

“Okay,” said An Xiaoning before ending the call. She then slid her mobile phone inside her pocket and hurried downstairs.

She proceeded to get on the car, bringing with her the spirit of the little girl, Jiang Shui. Along the way, she specially bought some steamed soup dumplings and milk for the little girl.