80: Invading Her Room

An Xiaoning’s eyes lit up as she looked at him and said, “No touching me for a week.”

“I’ve held it in for 20-odd years, a week is nothing to me.” He continued to ask, “Which brand of sanitary pads do you use? We don’t have any at home, I’ll go get you some.”

Seeing how meticulous and caring he was, An Xiaoning proceeded to tell him the brand she preferred. “I only ever use that brand. There are two types of pads, one for use in the day, and one for use at night. Get a packet of each. But… wouldn’t it be awkward for you to buy something like this? Aren’t you afraid that the lady at the cashier will expose you online?” she added.

“She can expose me for all I care, I’m buying it for my wife,” he said as he put on his coat and headed out.

An Xiaoning felt a warm and fuzzy feeling in her heart. She had never expected for there to be such a meticulous and sweet side to him.

It was the wee hours of the night, and Mr. Jin had engaged his connections to visit Qingyue personally at the police station.

“Father, hurry, get me out of here. It’s so cold here at night, and there isn’t a heater at all,” Jin Qingyue complained as soon as she saw her father.

“If you really wanted to get out of here, then you wouldn’t have taken the rap in the first place,” said Mr. Jin, looking at her with disappointment written all over his face.

“Father, I did that because there’s at least a chance for me to get out of here. If Shaochuan were to be imprisoned instead, there’s no way he can be released again. Do you really think I would do this if I had a choice? After wracking my brains, this is the only solution I could come up with that could save both of us. Besides, you guys are dying for me to break up with him, you wouldn’t save him if I didn’t do this,” said Jin Qingyue, hanging her head low.

“So you think we will save you? Qingyue, you’ve really let your mother and I down, we’re not going to save you,” Mr. Jin said sternly with a stiff face.

Jin Qingyue looked up at him in shock and exclaimed in disbelief, “Are you really going to sit back and watch me get charged with a death sentence for running someone over?”

“It’s up to you to decide if you want to save him or yourself. I have to get going,” Mr. Jin said bluntly.

“Father… are you guys really going to leave me in the lurch?” asked Jin Qingyue, who began to feel flustered.

“Yes. We couldn’t do anything to stop you, so we’re giving up now,” he finished the last of all that he had to say and left.

Jin Qingyue was dumbfounded. She could not process what she had just heard. She had felt scared at first, but she began to feel more relieved when she reminded herself that she had a wealthy and powerful family, which could get her out of trouble at the snap of a finger. However, her father’s words had completely destroyed her plans to get out of prison unscathed.

Filled with fear and anxiety, she returned to the holding room which still felt cold and empty, despite the extra blanket given to her by the police inspector.

She thought about the matter for the entire night and decided to give it some time. She believed that they would not really leave her in the lurch and that they had just said that in a moment of anger. She continued to wait for more news…

There was only a short list of guests who were invited to Mo Li and Byron’s wedding.

The list included Jin Qingyan, Long Tianze, An Xiaoning, Ling Ciye, as well as other guests who were friends with Mo Li.