39: Let's Sleep Separately Tonight

Long Tianze came back from upstairs. Seeing how Jin Qingyan was repeatedly looking towards An Xiaoning’s direction, he knew that he had found out.

Leaning against the bar counter, he exclaimed, “Your wife is right there, and you still dare to bring this woman here? Do you have a death wish?”

Upon hearing that, Chi Rui’er immediately scanned her surroundings, but there were too many people so she could not find An Xiaoning.

“What is she doing here?”

“We met by accident and had a meal together, so we dropped by here after that.”

Jin Qingyan started walking towards An Xiaoning, with Long Tianze and Chi Rui’er following behind.

An Xiaoning did not move an inch. Seeing him walk towards her, she maintained her composure. In truth, she was actually thinking of how to teach him a lesson tonight.

With that thought in mind, an opportunity came at that moment.

Gu Beicheng was calling her.

“Boss, that fellow is calling again!”

Hearing this ringtone straight-up made Chi Rui’er burst out into laughter.

An Xiaoning slid her phone to answer. She took a more comfortable posture, with both legs resting on the coffee table and her body leaning on the sofa. Her voice was soft and sweet like melting honey.

“Hello.”

On the other end, Gu Beicheng was slightly in shock. A mere “Hello” made him sense that An Xiaoning was behaving unusually.

“You’re sick?”

An Xiaoning resisted the urge to revert to her normal attitude and continued, “What do you want to say at this time?”

“Why is it so noisy at your end, are you at a bar?”

“Umm, at ‘Night Spirit’ — want to come over for a drink?”

“What a coincidence, I’m passing by. Give me a moment.” After he hung up, An Xiaoning reached out to raise the wine glass. Acting like she had never seen Jin Qingyan and Chi Rui’er, her attitude was so carefree that Jin Qingyan could not help but wanted to ask: was she so blind that she hadn’t seen him?

“Who was that?” Jin Qingyan asked as he sat down beside her.

An Xiaoning smirked. “Want to know?”

Jin Qingyan saw that smirk and felt slightly uncomfortable. Perhaps that was because he noticed how that smile faded quickly from her face.

“It’s late now, go home.”

An Xiaoning acted like she didn’t hear him. She turned her back on him and held onto Mei Yangyang.

Jin Qingyan knew what An Xiaoning was feeling. Although she pretended to be cool about it on the surface, she was really angry.

It was the kind of anger that had been contained inside for a long time, one that would simply explode at a specific point.

Chi Rui’er just stood there before finally sitting down on the sofa, not saying a word. She was like an innocent victim who was out of the picture.

Eventually, it was the masculine voice of a man that broke the temporary silence.

Gu Beicheng did not sit down directly. He stood behind the sofa An Xiaoning was sitting on, then bent over and asked in a low voice, “I called you because I had something to talk to you about, but it seems like now’s not the time for that. Why does this feel like a crime scene?”