Not Going Home Tonight

"Since when did you find out?"

"I could sense it long ago, but I just played dumb and pretended not to know about it. Long Tianze used to come to my house more frequently than my Brother even did. He would make his way down quickly every time I was home; meanwhile, on the several occasions that I wasn't, he would rarely drop by. He would even ask my Mother for my whereabouts, yet he always denied it when asked if he was there to look for me," said Jin Qingyue, holding onto his arm as they walked out together.

"He's such a great catch - dashing good looks, heir to a wealthy family, runs his own company, and has a broad network of connections. In fact, he's better than me in every aspect, and he must treat you really well since you two grew up together. Haven't you ever had feelings for him?" asked Shi Shaochuan solemnly.

Jin Qingyue remained silent throughout the journey from the exit of the nightclub to the carpark.

"Why aren't you saying anything?"

"I was thinking about how I should answer you. Well, he does treat me well, and he often took care of me when we were younger. But, so what if he's handsome and of a wealthier background than you are? I don't love him, and I'm not attracted to him anyway," said Jin Qingyue.

"Yueyue, what do you like about me?"

"I don't know, I just like you a lot and I feel really happy when I see you. That's why I want to marry you. Otherwise, you wouldn't be good enough to deserve me," Jin Qingyue said spontaneously.

"I know what you like about me," he said confidently.

"You do?"

"Mhmm, of course. As a man, I ought to have a certain level of confidence in this aspect."

"What is it then?" asked Jin Qingyue, curious to know if he was right.

"My superb skills in bed, of course," he said, chuckling.

"Argh, you're so naughty!" exclaimed Jin Qingyue, punching him playfully.

"Am I wrong?" said Shi Shaochuan as he pulled her into his arms and gave her a kiss.

"Fine, I'll admit, that's one of the reasons..."

"..."

The pair got into the car and drove off swiftly.

A deafening silence filled the air as the three men remained quiet while seated in Ling Ciye's car, which was parked beside them.

"Rewriting her fate doesn't work, indeed. Well... I'll be making a move," Jin Qingyan broke the silence and alighted from the car.

Ling Ciye began to regret what he had said to Jin Qingyue. Having kept it in all day, he finally managed to blurt out a few words, "I'm sorry, Bro. I shouldn't have said that."

"It's fine, doesn't matter anyway," said Long Tianze, tilting his head backwards.

"This little lass really has a poor taste in men. It's her loss that she doesn't reciprocate your feelings for her. Fret not, Tianze, there are plenty of fishes in the sea."

"What do you think of this one?" said Long Tianze as he showed Ling Ciye a photo of Mei Yangyang from the photo album on his mobile phone.

"This one... I've seen her before. If I remember correctly, her name is Mei Yangyang? She looks just like a Lolita. Honestly, you should be finding a decent girl when it comes to choosing a girlfriend. But if you've already fallen for her, then it's time you stop, lest you continue doing her harm," Ling Ciye answered.

"Have I ever caused harm to any girl?" Long Tianze retorted, putting his phone away.

"You haven't, actually..." Ling Ciye gave his nose a light rub and continued, "Don't people always say you ought to forget your old love by finding a new one? Only then will you be able to get over that someone by channeling all your attention towards your newfound love."