You'll Get On Fine, With or Without Me

“What?”

“It’s just, I’ve realized that you’re capable of accomplishing many things on your own. It makes me feel like you’ll get on fine, with or without me,” said Jin Qingyan, staring at her.

“Well, all I can say is, that’s because of my overachieving personality, and also because I’m not reliant on you,” An Xiaoning said truthfully.

“You don’t actually love me, do you?”

“You don’t love me, so you don’t deserve the right to know that answer. Ask me again when you’ve really fallen for me,” said An Xiaoning, refusing to answer his question.

Jin Qingyan chuckled. “Let’s embark on our honeymoon trip tomorrow. Let’s both not bring our mobile phones or other communication devices and seclude ourselves from the rest of the world. It’ll be a honeymoon trip between just the both of us.”

“Seclude ourselves from the rest of the world? Are we going on a honeymoon trip or a concentration camp?” mocked An Xiaoning as she walked backwards.

“Stop avoiding my question. So do you agree to that?”

“You’ve already brought it up, so I guess I’ll agree. Let me inform everyone not to be surprised when they can’t contact me in the meantime.”

“I’ve already settled that in advance,” he said, grinning.

“You’re pretty fast, eh.”

——

Mo Li casually scrolled past the news report about Ye Xiaotian bringing forward his wedding with Bai Ranran, not bothering to read the content at all.

She had even detested the sight of Ye Xiaotian’s name.

“Sis, Brother-in-law called to say that he couldn’t get through to you on your mobile phone,” said Mo Xun as he entered.

“My mobile phone shut off by itself because it ran out of battery. I’m charging it now.”

“Um, Brother-in-law said he wouldn’t be coming home today and asked that you rest early. He’s currently overseas and will only be back tomorrow morning. It’s getting late, go to bed early, Sis,” said Mo Xun with a look of pity.

With a blank expression on her face, Mo Li answered, “Alright, I’ll go upstairs to get some rest now. Your brother-in-law has been rather busy lately.”

“Yeah,” replied Mo Xun, who knew exactly what was going on. As much as he pitied his sister, there was nothing he could do to help.

Mo Li remained seated, her hands trembling slightly, as she watched her brother slowly walk away.

Byron would return home in the day, occasionally. Sometimes, he would be home the entire morning, and other times, the entire afternoon. Ever since the incident with Ye Xiaotian, he had never spent a night at home.

However, she could empathize with him and understood that he needed some time to come to terms with it. Or perhaps not…

Mo Li could not bring herself to speak up, although he was a gentleman.

She had no idea how her life had been reduced to such a sorry state. She was still young in her years, yet she was living like a walking corpse, dreading the arrival of each day.

She then got up and headed upstairs.

After removing the rubberband on her head, she began combing her hair, only to realize that there was a bunch of loose hairs stuck on the teeth of the comb. To her astonishment, she noticed that a massive amount of her hair had fallen out and onto the dressing table.