The Secret About the Past 2

An Xiaoning then strolled down the mountain slowly. A sudden thought crossed her mind — If he could make his way to this mountain, that means he must be living somewhere nearby.

It might not be Jin Qingyan either.

After all, he was not the only handsome man in this world.

However, An Xiaoning was full of hope after recalling the woman’s description.

She wanted to see who he was with her very own eyes.

If he turned out to be someone else other than Jin Qingyan, she could then rest her mind and continue searching in other areas.

The sun was shining brightly onto the ground below, a stark contrast from the gloomy skies and raging storm in the morning.

An Xiaoning’s legs were aching terribly by the time she arrived at the foot of the mountain.

She happened to chance upon an elderly man whom she then approached and asked, “Uncle, may I ask if there are lots of medicinal herbs on this mountain?”

“Are you thinking of gathering some medicinal herbs too? There are plenty on this mountain,” the elderly man answered smilingly.

“Are there many people who go up there?”

“I live right on this mountain. There are rarely any people nowadays. I haven’t seen anyone recently other than two young people who came by this morning.”

An Xiaoning nodded and said, “Got it, thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome.”

An Xiaoning agitatedly returned to the inn to retrieve her mini surveillance camera and brought it to the mountain.

She thought to herself that the battery-powered surveillance camera should be able to last for about two days.

Thus, she climbed up the tree and placed the surveillance camera at a spot on a tree that would allow her to see via the footage on her mobile phone the people who visited the mountain.

Fortunately, she had brought along with her on this trip all the fully-equipped high-tech gadgets that could come in handy.

An Xiaoning climbed back down and returned, her heart full of satisfaction.

If the two of them were to come by to pick medicinal herbs again, they would definitely be captured by the surveillance camera.

Upon returning to the inn, An Xiaoning laid down in bed straight away and did nothing else apart from staring at the live footage from the surveillance camera on her mobile phone.

Her phone was plugged to the charger throughout the entire time.

To her disappointment, she did not see them at all even after the sky turned dark.

An Xiaoning tossed and turned in bed for the rest of the night.

She could not fall asleep in peace at all and woke up right after daybreak.

After having breakfast, she put on her human skin mask and quickly made her way to the foot of the mountain again.

She sat down on a clean rock and began waiting.

The sky began to brighten gradually. Noticing that the weather seemed rather pleasant, An Xiaoning thought to herself, It’d be a pity not to come and pick herbs today .

All she wanted was some closure and to verify if the man was really Jin Qingyan. She merely wanted to try her luck, never mind if it turned out not to be him.