62: She Was the One Who Got Hit, But He Could Feel the Pain Clearly

Chi Rui’er could not utter a single word. Her hands were grasping the bedsheets tightly, trembling non-stop. Her fists were clenched tightly into balls with the bedsheets clasped in them.

In the present moment, her heart contained fear. She was horrified of her true colors being exposed, afraid that the image of her in his heart would be shattered.

But there was no stopping this from happening right now.

Fan Shixin appeared at the doorway very soon and announced, “I’ve retrieved the surveillance footage and sent it to your phone already.”

” Ding Dong …” The email notification alert sounded.

He took his phone and clicked on the video attachment in the email.

He conveniently switched on the lights of the bedroom — the room was momentarily brightly illuminated, the sudden glare of light almost damaging Chi Rui’er’s eyes.

The footage was played in fastforward. Although he already knew deep down who was behind it, witnessing the scene with his own eyes felt like a stab from a sharp knife to Jin Qingyan’s heart. Blood was gushing out endlessly, and his flesh could no longer be clearly seen.

Chi Rui’er knew she could not hide from it anymore. She climbed down from the bed and knelt down before his legs. Her face was overflowing with tears as she pleaded pitifully, “Qingyan, I was wrong, I didn’t mean for anything big to happen to her, I just wanted to teach her a lesson.”

He lowered his head to look at the woman who was kneeling by his feet and gave a tight slap on her face with all his strength.

She was the one who got hit, but he could feel the pain clearly.

This woman whom he loved the most had changed completely.

“Rui’er, I’m so disappointed with you.”

“Qingyan… Qingyan, I’m sorry…” She grabbed onto the ends of his trousers and burst out in tears. “Please forgive me this once, okay? I won’t dare to do this ever again — I won’t!”

He turned around and used his strength to break free of her hands. Chi Rui’er also exerted all her strength to cling onto his legs as tightly as she could. She begged him, “Qingyan, please forgive me just this once. I know I was wrong, I regret it so much now too.”

“Let go.”

“Qingyan…”

“Let go of me!” There was a glint of tear in his eyes and he exclaimed exasperatedly, “Chi Rui’er, Xiaoning is missing right now. What can your word of apology do?”

She relaxed her grasp and looked up at him. “If she’s dead, I’ll pay for it with my life. Will that do?”

Jin Qingyan turned and left, and Fan Shixin hurried to catch up. The door shut with a loud slam.

Mei Yangyang had just gotten her electric bike home. She had changed into a set of dry clothes and was reaching her main gate when she saw a figure taking slow steps towards her direction, using the wall as support.

She got a scare and took out a torchlight to shine at the figure. To her surprise, it was An Xiaoning.

“Sis!”

She immediately went over to hold onto her. An Xiaoning’s face had traces of bloodstains, her body was ice-cold, and her legs were unsteady. Her voice was extremely hoarse and her words were slurred.