I Miss You Already

Ten minutes later, the villagers saw An Xiaoning holding onto an umbrella, but not for the purpose of covering herself. She only sheltered the spot beside her. What was weirder was that it wasn’t raining or snowing.

Everyone could vaguely guess something.

But it was just a guess, there was no proof for it.

Zu Dong drove the car while Gong Le sat in the seat beside him and Ma Jianguo did not sit at the back, but actually sat on Gong Le’s legs.

Seeing that good-for-nothing manner he displayed, An Xiaoning did not comment about it. “Drive, let’s go to a Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet in the city.”

Children would usually love eating such stuff.

During the drive, Ma Jianguo, who was usually naggy, kept extremely silent as he sat on Gong Le’s legs. But it was hard on Gong Le, who had to carry the burden of his weight on his legs for the whole journey, making him especially uncomfortable.

They finally reached the fast food store.

Ma Jianguo, Gong Le, and Zu Dong sat in one row while An Xiaoning sat opposite them. The seat beside her appeared empty to the three of them, but from An Xiaoning’s point of view, it was occupied.

An Xiaoning placed the fried chicken and fries beside her, and added on a cup of coke to it, saying under her breath, “Come on, eat them.”

Thereafter, under the shock of the three sitting in the opposite row, the freshly cooked fast food meal turned stale.

To avoid suspicion from others, An Xiaoning threw these food items into the rubbish bin.

When they reached the police station, An Xiaoning wrote down an assignment on a book and passed it to Ma Jianguo. “Get this done immediately.”

Ma Jianguo read the assignment and nodded immediately. “Yes. But, I’m afraid I won’t be able to find all by today.”

“It’s okay if you can’t find all of it today, you can continue tomorrow. But, you must be sure not to miss a single one. I’ll head home first.”

“Okay.”

An Xiaoning and the little girl stayed in the office. She asked her, “Is your name Jiang Shui?”

The little girl nodded.

She beamed at her. “It’s a beautiful name. Can Sister call you Xiao Shui?”

The little girl remained silent and only nodded her head.

“Shall we go to Sister’s house?” she inquired.

She nodded for the third time.

An Xiaoning got up and brought the girl to her car, driving her home.

“You stay in this room. Tomorrow morning, Sister will come and bring you out, okay?”

For the fourth time, the little girl nodded.

An Xiaoning pulled the curtains properly, ensuring that no sunlight entered the room at all. She then ordered that no one was to enter that room.

At past ten at night, an elder anxiously knocked and entered Jin Qingyan’s room.

“Young Master, I’ve already confirmed. There was indeed someone who hired two top assassins at high prices to make a trip to S Nation. Timing wise, it was the same as when you came here, so they missed you.”

“You didn’t find out who hired them?”

“No. But for these two years, ‘SU Group’ has been running rampant, trying their best to obtain our funding support. But Young Master, you’ve insisted against it, so it could probably be them.”