23: I Miss You, Though We Just Parted

Crestfallen and disappointed over her ruined plans, Jin Qingyue carried the luggage back into her room. She then decided to go out but was stopped by her Mother, “Where are you going again?”

“To take a breather.”

“Don’t tell me you’re leaving again, with just your credit card, after leaving your luggage behind. Qingyue, won’t you just allow your Father and I to have some peace of mind? I read on the news yesterday about a girl from overseas who got killed while travelling. Look how chaotic it is overseas. Besides, whatever can be found outside, we have it here at home too,” nagged Mrs. Jin worriedly.

“The thing is, I don’t have friends to hang out with at home. There’s nothing much for me to do either. How boring,” retorted Jin Qingyue.

“Your Sister-in-law doesn’t have much to do at home either. Why don’t you go accompany her? You two should get along just fine, since you’re of similar age.”

Pursing her lips, Jin Qingyue answered, “I’m not going! There’s nothing to talk about with her. Forget it, I’ll go back and play my video games.”

She had been playing video games for more than half a year, though she did enjoy herself more while she was overseas because she got to be with her friends. In fact, she had not achieved much, other than just enjoy life.

Just as she was chatting idly for a while with her in-game friends, a man claiming to be from the city asked to meet up with her in person. The man had invited her to go to the dance club with him and a few of his friends.

Thinking that it was not too bad of an idea, Jin Qingyue agreed to his suggestion.

After an entire morning of video games and a great nap, it was almost evening and time for Jin Qingyue to leave. Lying to her Mother that she was just going to meet her classmates, she eagerly agreed to stick to her strict curfew of 10 PM and hurried out.

“You’re LittleFairy?” asked a man dressed in a suit, who approached her as soon as she arrived at the dance club.

“And you must be Mr.Baiyun?” said Jin Qingyue as she looked him up and down. She thought he was rather good-looking and well-built.

“Yes, my real name is Shi Shaochuan. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Your name sounds pretty familiar, like I’ve heard it somewhere before,” said Jin Qingyue between laughs.

Shi Shaochuan let out an intentional cough, thinking that Jin Qingyue must have known something from the news. After all, it was a rather well-known fact that he was her Sister-in-law An Xiaoning’s ex-husband.

“There are too many people who share the exact same name. What’s yours?” asked Shi Shaochuan, chuckling.

Jin Qingyue was reluctant to reveal her full name, although there were no photos or information about her online. She was not going to take that risk, especially since he was someone she had just met online.

“You may call me ‘Yueyue.'”

“Sure. Shall we enter, Yueyue?”

“Alright,” agreed Jin Qingyue. She had initially planned to flee immediately and deny that she was the person behind the username ‘LittleFairy’ if the ‘Mr.Baiyun’ she was going to meet had turned out to be hideous-looking. However, he happened to be rather dashing and had a pleasant smile. Thus, she thought it would be totally alright to be friends with him.

If Jin Qingyue had been aware that he was her Sister-in-law’s ex-husband, however, she would have definitely ignored him.

Without a doubt.